What does Reverse SEO mean?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Andym, Jul 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andym

Andym
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Can someone explain in simple words what does Reverse SEO technique mean? I Googled for it but I didn't get a clear answer about what it exactly mean.

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I tried Googling it myself, and got a lot of articles about what it is used for, but very little about how it is done. To answer your question, I will stick with the ethical uses for Reverse SEO.
    Reverse SEO is a reputation management technique used to take inaccurate or unfavorable articles and push them down the search engine rankings, so that searchers using a particular keyword phrase will find more accurate or favorable articles. What you would be doing is using SEO techniques on a favorable article or press release, or a more accurate article or press release, to raise it's ranking in the search engines. As these articles rise to the first page, they will then push the less favorable or inaccurate articles down and eventually off the first page. This is why it is called "Reverse SEO", because it's purpose is actually to lower the rankings of another site or page.
    This is a highly simplified definition, and I'm sure one of the other members can give you a more detailed explanation.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

4. lizatailor23

lizatailor23
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Re:

Reverse SEO is based upon current societal trends. Many of your customers are likely to research your company on Google, Yahoo, or Bing before purchasing a product or service from you.

5. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social trends like Facebook and Twitter?

6. umairaraza100

umairaraza100
    uix_expand uix_collapse

wow very nice explaination and i like it so much and thanks for it

7. Andym

Andym
    uix_expand uix_collapse

We have too many explanation about reverse SEO on the internet. However, there are SEO companies that are providing this reverse SEO service. But have anyone at DP used this service before? or have yourself tried using reverse SEO technique? or are there any case studies that you know of reverse SEO?

8. eBiz

eBiz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Oh.. thank you for this knowledge
    This is what we do not want to press down
    and then pushed up to what we want instead. ^___^

9. steevemartin1

steevemartin1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Reverse SEO means you try to do some unethical ways to do link building for your competitors which will harm the ranking of others

#9 steevemartin1, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
  10. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Unethical? How?

11. Ken Peterson

Ken Peterson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Reverse SEO is the process of removing (technically de-ranking) websites other than your own from the first pages of Google.

Reverse SEO has become one of the most effective strategies for minimizing the impact of bad publicity within the search engines’ organic listings. It is an online reputation management (ORM) tool of SEO consultants who manage Online Reputation Management. Too often, companies become targets for negative press online.

Reverse SEO can be used to suppress negative publicity that targets your company in Google, Yahoo, and Bing. By pushing bad press onto the second, third, and fourth pages of Google, those pages will be prevented from gaining traction or attention.

12. ema01

ema01
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is an online reputation management tool for SEO consultants who manage Online Reputation Management. It is basically a technique that aids in decreasing the competitor's ranking and improve your own site's ranking. Reverse SEO can be used to suppress negative publicity that targets your company in Google, Yahoo, and Bing.

13. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's basically reputation management. You are link building your competitor to destroy their reputation around the web. One method that is actually has been a talk last year (or was it last last year, I couldn't remember) is Google Bomb or Link Bombing.

14. anirban09P

anirban09P
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Reverse SEO is procedure to take out the websites to first pages of Google.Reverse is process for back links or bad back links coming from bad website are remove to have some positive impact on ranking.

15. mishraraj2603

mishraraj2603
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,
    Reverse SEO is exactly for managing these negative search engine results. It is basically removing unwanted results from search engine result pages for a particular keywords.

16. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

This thread is now closed. If you have something new to add, PM me and I'll re-open it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.