What does it mean?

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by vipsy, Oct 22, 2012.

1. vipsy

vipsy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I was searching through forums.digitalpoint.com and found that there were words(keywords) which were some ad links.

When you hover your mouse over that word it says ads.digitalpoint.com/go.php?k=(keyword)

When you click on that link, it takes you to a website that provides services related to that keyword.

Now my question is, what type of link is it?
    It is surely not an 'infolink'...might be an affiliate link..but why does it show "ads.digitalpoint.com".
    Is it a CPC ad or else?

2. patrick.s

patrick.s
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It shows ads.digitalpoint.com so it can mask the real domain. That and they probably have a random selection where every advertiser using the keyword hosting it would choose one. That way it keeps the system automated without having to much concern on updating the links.
    I'm not really sure what they are called though I knew at one point.

• Like Like x 1
  3. noreturn

noreturn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think it's like and ad digital point uses to show the buyers of the advertisement spot how many clicks they can expect when they are buying.. When it shows keyword it directly relates to a category that digital point has up. So it will tally up what type of advertisements get clicked the most. I may be wrong but I am pretty sure that is what they use for their site, and that is what you are asking. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

• Like Like x 1