What document to submit, when introducing services.... Lost & Confused

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by bholabhala, Dec 20, 2012.

1. bholabhala

bholabhala
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am trying to open a B2B service business. We will be offering services to big businesses. The problem is that i dont know how to inform the president/CEO/owners of the businesses about what i do, and send them some kind of proposal of my services. What document you think i should submit to the company for them to take a look at what i have to offer. I am new to all this business stuff :)

2. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

It depends on the business and the document but my feeling is that a lot them will end up going straight into the trash. Several years ago I read a survey of general counsel at companies who were asked if they read the glossy brochures that many law firms were sending to in-house counsel. The overwhelming majority never looked at the brochures.

I don't know what your business is but I suggest that you try to distill it to a postcard. I get a lot of mail at my office and most of it gets thrown out unopened. At least with a postcard, the business has a chance at catching my eye before it ends up in the trash bin.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to our business and webmaster forum bholabhala.

Can you tell us a little more about the type of service you will be providing?

4. bholabhala

bholabhala
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am opening a call center out of the country and looking to introduce my offering to US market.

5. noreturn

noreturn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Those are some good points you made there.

Also what kind of services are you going to be offering the US market? Just tell us more about it, the more you tell us the better we will be able to assist you.