What do you think of these logo designs?

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by customdb, Jan 25, 2011.

1. customdb

customdb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A logo design is one of the most important things you could have for your business. Most people can barely remember a 10 digit number or people's names. However if put an image by a name and it's designed to psychologically provoke the visitor to do certain things. With the right color theory and the right design, you will have a brand that could be unstoppable. I've been designing logos for over 10 years. Very few of my logos are uploaded on this image. Let me know your thoughts about the logos.

[​IMG]

You can view several hundred logos here http://customdesignbusiness.com

2. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Considering that you are in the business for 10 years, your designs are great. They are professionally made.
    And it doesn't look cheaply priced. How much are you earning for each logo?

Regarding your site, the only thing missing is a favicon.
    But I'm just a little wondering why there are a good amount of whitespace on the top and below your layout.
    Is it intended to be shown like that?

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I agree with GekiDan, your logos look great, very professional. Having such an extensive range of quality logos in your portfolio is very reassuring to your potential customers and will be a great help to convince them to use your service. I hope business is going well for you and wish you continued success with it.

4. DaveScotford

DaveScotford
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Looks good!! Some good solid designs in there so I'm sure with that kind of portfolio you wont hsve too much trouble sustaining a good client base :)

5. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hmm .well your logos look good....Professionally designed..

But have you ever considered in going in depth in science of logo design...I mean to say that logo is something that says the whole philosophy of an organization,,,,It is more than that simple picture that represents your brand or organization.....

Eg- Have a look at the logo of UNILEVER LTD carefully... and you will find whole world of animals and various more pictures represented in that "U" letter..Gives direction to philosophy of Unilever Ltd...It is called giving scientific orientation to your art... there are many such examples like skoda, mercedes, etc....

6. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Respectfully, scifi, I disagree. Although for some companies, such as Unilever, it may be appropriate to show how diversified they may be, most companies need a simple logo that represents them or what they do. For instance, in the logos in customdb's original post, Q & D Flooring includes flooring, Proactive Equipment Repair has a stylized, "active" design, and Platinum Peacock Design includes a "peacock" design. Sometimes a simple design is all that's necessary.

7. DavidL

DavidL
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think your logos are excellently designed and colour schemes are perfect. I guess for your website, the use of Times New Roman (I believe) for your main image on the homepage doesn't appeal when you have Tahoma (I believe) for the text below it. I see that you provide Web Designs so I assume you are a web designer as well, but your home page uses tables to deliver information which doesn't seem right. The use of CSS is vital for styling and presenting your content, but that image and table doesn't seem to be professional. It also doesn't help your search rankings as the information of those packages could be things which people search up.

8. freelancemom

freelancemom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

They're fabulous. So you really only charge $40?!

9. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You are absolutely right ...as one size does not fits all..Some times Simplicity is the Best Policy.... All that I meant is to give you a new dimension of thought...No offense this side either..You are a great logo designer man...Just thought to indicate something new to you....

Cheer!!

10. shapyna56

shapyna56
    uix_expand uix_collapse

nice!! looks professional logos..

11. Stephen Ryan

Stephen Ryan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Logos look nice, but cannot say that they were a true and positive reflection of the brand they represented.
    You need to get some references to go along with designs.

12. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Your Logos are really great,People will surely remember your logo when they see it.Nice one