What do you think of Starting a Web Marketing Agency?

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by rangrage, Sep 6, 2012.

1. rangrage

rangrage
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Guys,

I have this thought constantly playing around in my mind and I would like to have your opinions about it please.

I am thinking of preparing a blueprint or business plan on starting a local internet marketing agency, for any who maybe interested in looking for a business start up idea.

As we know running an online business has very low overheads and can be operated from home. What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks guys! :)

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

rangrage are you planning on starting an Internet Marketing agency yourself or do you already have one?

3. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't know pretty much how to start a web marketing agency. Although most of the people I know and the one's with that niche started with home-based and then when the company grows that's the time they provided there own place and increased their workforce.

4. rangrage

rangrage
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I currently have my own Internet Marketing Agency helping local businesses with online marketing.

I am now thinking of putting together a blueprint on how to start an internet marketing agency. My intention is to help others who may want to start doing this as a business. What do you think?

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Sounds like a great idea rangrage. There are lots of people working online who have the skills required to help local businesses in their area, do their Internet marketing. However, they often don't have the know-how to tap into that market and turn the opportunity it into a viable business. A blueprint on how to do that could be extremely beneficial. Would you promote it as an ebook or something more like a franchise system.

6. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I suggest you to study your business ideas and the market you're gonna target. :)

7. NormanAvila

NormanAvila
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi rangrage,

I find your idea really useful. Running an online business, specifically a web marketing agency can be successful if you have a good plan.
    I'd suggest you do some market research to find similar web marketing agencies, find out how they work and what is their strategy.

Yes, such a business can be operated from home, but your success will be proportional to your efforts.

What I think you need is listed below:
    1) What is the budget to start this and run it normally
    2) How to show people that your marketing agency is GREAT, is EXCELLENT and CAN HANDLE ANYTHING
    3) Would you do this on your own? I'd say it's better to have at least 2 people working with you from the very beginning. Even if it's home-operated,
    a small team can perform better

To put it out simply: if you can shortly imagine what a business starter would do, you can also prepare an excellent plan and blueprint.
    I also think that selling this as an e-book will work out. Of course, you need to properly advertise that e-book, but there is plenty of
    reference on this area, you can easily look up how to do that.

Best regards,
    Norm

8. even

even
    uix_expand uix_collapse

With a good research and enough capital you're business is good to go!