What do you think is the best way to promote products?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by apexis, Jan 15, 2013.

1. apexis

apexis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What do you think is the best way to promote products? What platforms have you ever used?

2. MarkTaylor

MarkTaylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I guess this really depends on the product and there are lots of online methods available. I'm still a big fan of the old fashioned sales methods... make appointments and go and present your wares to your customers... Not only is it still the most effective sales method, you learn a lot about your product and customer (Discuss!) M.

• Like Like x 3
  3. caseiad

caseiad
    uix_expand uix_collapse

seo is a good method ยท

• Like Like x 1
  4. Leejeong

Leejeong
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social media is the best way to promote products. Millions of local and international social networking site users are online a day, so the bigger the chance they will view your products. You just have to properly optimized it by getting the right people to your product. It's much better that you followers and friends are the people you are targeting or your market. Build relationship with them so they can trust you and become loyal as well.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ted

Ted
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am a big fan of using a website to do the heavy lifting for a product. I like to use a website to create a system for converting a prospect into a customer.

Then I go find where my best prospects are located and drive them (however I can get them to go) to the website. If I am selling the right product, I am using good sales copy and I am targeting the right people, then I make a sale.

I like that model because it does the selling for me 24/7 without needing me to babysit it. It is very efficient if you can get it setup properly. Getting it all setup properly is the hard part.

• Like Like x 1
  6. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SEO isn't the best for me nowadays, i have been busy on social media sites particularly facebok.

7. GeekGhost

GeekGhost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It really just depends on the product though. What may work for hosting isn't necessarily going to work for a garden tool. Some products need to be displayed or showcased. Some demonstrated to present any value. Some products don't sell of shelves as easily as others and some intangible products need their own avenue of promotion.

8. infinityweb

infinityweb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I guess the best way to promote product is through SEO. You can also use Facebook.

9. Nicolemarx

Nicolemarx
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ways to Promote Products:

Article Marketing
    Niche Sites & Blogs
    Use- Social Media services like Twitter, Facebook, Myspace, social bookmarking sites like Digg and Del.icio.us, Youtube, and many more
    SEO
    PPC

10. Lindra Vanz

Lindra Vanz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you have products to sell on the internet, where are the products promoted?

If you have products to sell on the internet, where are the products promoted?

11. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

There are several ways to promote your products, depending on where you sell them. If you have your own website you can use SEO, PPC, Facebook, Google+, or any number of other social media sites. You can also use classified ad sites, free and/or paid. Classified ads can also be used if you sell your products through a website like Ebay. If you built your website through a site like Yahoo! or Ebay, they can probably give you other suggestions as well. Your question is way too broad for a single answer, and would probably be better as a poll. If you have a specific question about a specific advertising method, feel free to start another thread, after searching the forum to see if it has already been asked and answered.

12. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

[Similar threads merged!]

13. eurekapsycrille

eurekapsycrille
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For online marketing, another good thing to do for a product review is through press release. Though this is some kind of old fashioned way of exposing your brands, company name, and product, it is still one of the good ways to promote your product especially if you are good at writing reviews. This is from a member of another forum about press release:

"1. They are a great source of publicity for your company
    2. They can rank in the search engines, increasing your brand visibility and recognition
    3. They provide quality, one way links to your site
    4. They can get picked up by various media outlets and be transitioned into offline press releases and news stories"

14. 2misi.com

2misi.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are 2 ways to promote product, the traditional way and modern way. It depends on the type of product, target market and business location.
    One of the modern way is to use social media. Traditional way for example exhibition, roadshow, seminar, etc.

15. Beth

Beth
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As per my personal suggestion,the concept of marketing a product can be taken as an action taken by a company's marketing staff with the intention of encouraging the sale of a good or service to their target market.Promotional aspect of the product is normally dealt by a typical business that might take the form of advertising the product in question via print or internet ads, direct mail or e-mail letters, trade shows, billboards, etc.

16. Mamun12

Mamun12
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I recomendation that this really depends on the product and there are lots of online methods available.There are 2 ways to promote product, the traditional way and modern way. It depends on the type of product, target market and business location.
    One of the modern way is to use social media. Traditional way for example exhibition, roadshow, seminar, etc.

17. kristenhanna

kristenhanna
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The best way to promote a product is use social media sites to promote any products because that is the fastest medium to bring traffic to your site. And the next most important thing is build a mobile app or mobile version of your websites, that helps you to achieve the targeted mobile users.

18. nathanleont

nathanleont
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The best way to promote your product is through your existing email list, driving people to websites wont work! You need to give value to your prospective customer first ie a free course or ebook so that you can build a relationship and then market later. It's always best to have a qualified group of customer instead of sending any kind of traffic to a sales page and hoping something sticks. Like i said give VALUE VALUE VALUE and your customers will love you for it. Alot of marketers make this mistake and by just sending them to a sales page there is no way you can build a long term business.

19. rank90

rank90
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social Media Marketing is one of the best way to promote products. Social Media Marketing helps to drive targeted traffic to your site.

20. sadiyakhan

sadiyakhan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Here numbers of interesting posts are provided and these are in fact the popular ways of promotion of products. But my view social networking sites, PPC, SEO are the best way of promotion of any of product and if your can then business listing is one of the effective way which increase the possibility of increasing more leads.