What do you think is the best CMS?

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by eastvantage, Apr 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eastvantage

eastvantage
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What do you think is the best CMS? Joomla, Drupal, Wordpress? Suggestions?

2. adcooper

adcooper
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If to choose among Joomla, Drupal and Wordpress, I would say Wordpress. But actually there is not the best CMS, there is a cms which fits or doesn't fit a particular business. There are other cms that can be better than Wordpress, especially if we talk about ecommece cms.

3. Brijesh Patel

Brijesh Patel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

WordPress is the best CMS for develop any website content management system. It provides lots of plugins for making your website more user friendly and search engine friendly for getting more visitors. Thanks.

4. madelinekim

madelinekim
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As my experience point of view Wordpress is the best open source CMS and is widely used to design blogging websites. Other CMS are also good but Wordpress provides a better functionality to create catchy designs using innovative features and plugins. Using various plugins you can make your design more attractive and easy to navigate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Mr.

Mr.
    uix_expand uix_collapse

WordPress is web software you can use to create a beautiful website or blog. We like to say that WordPress is both free and priceless at the same time

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. alok897

alok897
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I will choose wordpress to develop my blog and website because this is easy to use and available with lots of free themes and plugins that help to design a website. There are also many plugin available that help to easily optimize your designed blog.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. madelinekim

madelinekim
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, you are right Alok that Wordpress is one of the best open source CMS which is widely used to design blogging website. The reason behind its great popularity is only that Wordpress supports a lot of plugins and themes to design attractive and catchy website layout.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. natyk

natyk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

WordPress iv very popular CMS, especially well-known among the bloggers and ordinary users. In internet you can find a lot of free templates - it is nice and addidtional you have access to free plugins, where SEO plugin for me is the one of the most important. WordPress is easy to use and manage, even beginners should't have any problem. This program is realy friendly. But a lot of positive opinion has also Joomla system. Worth is check both of them. You can do it with Artisteer - tool that let you design a site in WordPress, Joomla and other popular CMS and check them potential. Visit site bktemplates.com. Good luck:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. tiksha

tiksha
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

My point is bit different then other people:

Most important is: It must be depend on your requirement.

We can compare CMS based on few points but I can't say anyone is superior than other one:

1) Wordpress is good for SEO purpose or user-friendly admin panel compare to joomla and drupal, but if I want to make site with user man agement and role management then I would suggest to go with joomla or Drupal compare to wordpress. Again all CMS provides basic level or user/role management features, in that case we have to choose any core framework.
    2) Joomla and wordpress is easy to customize or code as compare to Drupal (Development point of view).
    3) joomla and wordpress have more ready made extension library so we can make site rapidly and do not require testing due to ready made extension.

Same way, if I want to make e-commerce website then we can use any CMS with ready-made extensions available to them but they won't have all features or I can say all kind of full flexibility for shopping cart, in that case we should use any ecommerce solution only like magento, osCommerce, zencart (Again, we can Choose it based on our requirement only :D )

I hope you will agree with my point.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. henna

henna
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I personally prefer wordpress. Which is is the most popular blogging software on the market.

Ease of Use
    No HTML Editing or FTP Software Required
    Search Engines Love WordPress Sites
    Manage Your Website from Any Computer

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. saahil

saahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Its much an open ended question
    However, will still prefer one among Joomla or wordpress

Wordpress - if you intend to write blog or mainly content driven website
    Joomla - If you feel to write in a site which makes heavy used of database with fetching and retrieving values from db

12. Multima$tery

Multima$tery
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'd have to stick with the Wordpress bandwagon. This is the platform I build all my sites on currently because it is just so darn easy to use an manage:) You don't have to be a tech geek or anything - and the plugin and themes are virtually endless!...

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. mikeee741

mikeee741
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If to choose among Joomla, Drupal and Wordpress, I would say Wordpress. But actually there is not the best CMS, there is a cms which fits or doesn't fit a particular business. There are other cms that can be better than Wordpress, especially if we talk about ecommece cms.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

More and more professional developers are using WordPress and it clearly dominates the class among CMSs. Historically, as a blogging platform, it lacked the flexibility of other CMS platforms like Joomla and Drupal. Even now, there are things that Drupal or Joomla can do that are at best difficult to accomplish in WordPress. However, WordPress continues to add functionality (for example, allowing both posts and pages was a major step to becoming a full fledged CMS).

For most websites, Wordpress is the best CMS because of its ease-of-use, huge numbers of plugins to extend its functionality and the almost limitless choice of free or inexpensive templates to allow the user to tailor the design to his or her particular needs. Recognize, however, that although they are in the minority, there are still plenty of situations where another CMS would be a better choice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Adelina

Adelina
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would say WordPress and Joomla are the best CMS. I have tried both and it really worked great for me. It provides many features and plugins for creating websites like woocommerce for WordPress, Jstore, Virtuemart for Joomla etc.. Even there are some web designing tools like templatetoaster available for creating websites that supports major CMSs like WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, Magento, Prestashop etc. and their respective plugins. These tools are also the best choice for making themes and templates for multiple CMSs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. dyhair77

dyhair77
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Friends,

CMS stands for content management system. It’s a buzz word in the web development industry as it helps website managers present their information to the internet audience.

17. ellisthomas86

ellisthomas86
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Based on which platform you are going to implement the CMS, whether it is ecommerce, corporate website, blog or anything else. Let me say that as per my experience ecommerce is best fit with the magento platfrom, corporate websites are strategically meant to cope up with drupal and blogs sites are basically meant to go with the wordpress platform.

18. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The best CMS is exactly the one that suit your needs, no any other.

This means that while WordPress is probably the best for most websites due to its flexibility to build upon this publishing platform whatever type of website due to its large collection of themes and plugins, may happen that this is not what you might be looking for and find that Joomla is a better place, particularly if you are thinking of a old-school, portal website.

Now, you may try all of those scripts mentioned here and yet not find any that fulfill your expectations, but another ignored or a custom work a developer can code for you.

I would say visit this site and discover yourself just a few the countless content management systems available for free, http://www.opensourcecms.com/

These site include working demos of the same, and remember that there are also a variety of paid CMS software that you might be interested in.

19. jamesbrownn

jamesbrownn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In some ways I would think it would be most like WordPress, html blocks and so on, built in blog, front end drag and drop blocks. One feature I love is the admin panel its so easy to use I reckon even better than WordPress (my opinion) its free to use as well and just like WordPress there are custom plugins and packages.

20. Frennemeister

Frennemeister
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Depends. If you're for example, running a blog, you might want to use Wordpress. If not, you should probably go for Joomla. I've been using it on a few websites and I've been enjoying it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.