What do you think about my NEW product?

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by Adam, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Adam

Adam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Heya, I have been looking around my supplier and found out these great little characters so I have decided to get some! :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Price: TBA (will be around £2.99 each i think, not sure yet)

Do you like them?
    Do you think they would sell?
    Any other thoughts, let me know :D

Thanks in advance
    Adam

2. skyfire

skyfire
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Toys ? or something ? I didn't get it what are these.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I presume they are headphones? They certainly look innovative. You may well be able to sell them to a younger audience.

4. Adam

Adam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah they are headphones and cool ones at that :p

and i wil appeal to anyone who wants them, maybe to give as a gift to someone :)

5. skyfire

skyfire
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes they are appealing ididn't noticed they're headphones, you can sell them to either girls or kids. I mean i don't think many mens will be attracted to this type of design.

6. Adam

Adam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanking you for your comments. Yeah i hope to appeal to the kids market really. Just want to try these new as i think they look cool and would definatly suit most kids if not all :D

7. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This product is cute and the price is reasonable. And this product not being see in market commonly. i think it is one kind of potential product can be sell at ebay

8. Aeculos

Aeculos
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would hate them lol. I mean look at them, they have wings so that would mess with my ears so yeh.But they look cool.

9. Adam

Adam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thankyou, atleast someone else finds them cute :p hehe.
    Yeah im going to be selling them on ebay once ive got quite abit of stock in :D and i think i will be selling them at the price i quoted, 2.99.

Lol, i agree there not some peoples taste however I feel they may appeal to younger audiences. Thanks for the comment about them looking cool, couldn't agree more.

10. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

LOL, funny product. I like the idea, and the product is really unique, I am sure you would sell it huge. BTW: Do you ship in India? I would prefer to buy one or two :D

11. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well another set of new product ..Adam..that the spirit of marketers which never dies and keeps on looking for some new ideas and ways to sell the product....Hmm...hats off to the mind behind this creative and innovative design,....also three cheers to you Adam too for finding such a cool pairs of headphones..I think this product has potential in it.....A person listens music for fun, entertainment and to chill out:D..The range of color absolutely goes with the mood and taste of the person...moreover funky design assures a reflection of spirit of person..But your target audience should be as per age demographics i.e. 12- 28 years .......as persons above that age usually often listens music for relaxation purpose rather than for fun purpose on daily basis...also I think that this product would be more appealing to the girls due to the nature and appeal of characters....Boys like little bit more bold characters rather than soft characters...:)

12. Adam

Adam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thankyou :p and i hope from the comments on here, it will become quite a success for me.

As for sending to India, I would be able to do that however I do not know exactly how much they weigh as I have not recieved any from the supplier yet. Once I know that, I will be able to send you further information If you do not mind waiting...

Thankyou for your positive really nice comments. I though of getting blue and pink, to appeal to both boys and girls hopefully. Im wanting to aim to anyone really, who wants a bit of fun rather then plain old boring white headphones :D

Well it does not matter really to me who buys them from me, just so as they sell :p

Im just trying to tap into different appeal and getting in brand new products which people may not have seen before in the UK or if they have, I will try my best to be the cheapest.

Im wondering now how many to get in stock lol.

#12 Adam, Nov 15, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2009
  13. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Will wait, for your reply. As I am willing to have such kind of product.

Thanks

14. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Adam can you please post a link to your eBay page where you are offering these for sale?

15. Adam

Adam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You may be waiting upto 2 weeks i think, due to where my supplier is situated (hongkong).

Well i have just bought these within the last few days, so they will take upto 2 weeks delivery I imagine for them to get to me.

Are you interested in buying any Fergal?

16. eddane

eddane
    uix_expand uix_collapse

£2.99 seems very cheap. I'm sure you could sell them for more than that.

Ed

17. Adam

Adam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What price do you suggest Eddane? and everyone else?

18. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Your strategy of introducing these types of new and innovative product in markets like that of UK is great because I feel that UK market is consolidated and it really needs a fresh breeze of air that can chill it out and rejuvenate the market..:). However as suggested by others too, you should be careful enough while deciding pricing strategy..the same should not be too cheap as to hurt your potential profit margins or too costly to hurt your potential sales.... If you are not sure of the price that you can expect your consumer to pay, there is a safer method of determining it through " Name your own price auction" strategy on the verge of sites like www.priceline.com..then after that, you can launch the product in the market firmly after having test the price online....
    The other simple method is that introduce your product at a peculiar price under "Introductory Offer- a very relative margin over your cost" which on the basis of nature of demand, can be increased further..:)

#18 scifi, Nov 16, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  19. clannny

clannny
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello,
    Adam how much did you pay for those?
    Usually As through my Research
    Every product that cost you the amount, you make 30% extra or more of how much you paid for.

20. Adam

Adam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks. Yeah I see where your coming from when regards to price and I will look into it more when I actually get the item myself from the supplier. Depending on quality, determines what price I will sell them for.

I pay approximately £1.10 each (depended on conversation rate at the time of purchase)
    :p