What do you say about.....?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Navida, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Navida

Navida
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Some people says that Marketing is nothing just deceiving the peoples...
    What do you say about it?

2. dollartycoon

dollartycoon
    uix_expand uix_collapse

All Marketers Are Liars by Seth Godin.

An Eye opening book. A very good read. By the way, Seth Godin founded Squidoo.

I've read a few of his books and utilize his teachings on my website Dollar Tycoon.

#2 dollartycoon, Jan 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
  3. rjd1265

rjd1265
    uix_expand uix_collapse

then a real estate agent is deceiving because they sell you a house they marketed? a car dealer is deceiving because they market a car on the web and sell it to you??? A doctor, lawyer, plumber markets themselves and their business so they are deceiving???

I agree that most people think online marketers are like this simply because they write anything to make a commission or the vendor gets your email when you buy something and you get blasted 20 more times in the next 4 days about "Try this, this is awesome or you need to check this out its the next breaking thing"

But there are a few of us who actually take the time to review a product, see what actual users are saying about it and write a review on it, a honest review. I have site that promotes skin care products and EVER other affiliates #1 pick is the one that makes the most commission. mine, however pays the least but I make more sales because it is an honest review and I do through other affiliates under the bus simply because they are ones who ruin, or will ruin it for the rest of us.

Why do you think Congress is trying to take away internet rights? because they see this crap happening too and want it changed. I always just appreciate it that I can make sales but yet be honest and ethical at the same time.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mark.Sanchez

Mark.Sanchez
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are two aspects of everything you face in the life which is positive and negative. So, it depends on you which one you adopt similarly in the marketing.

5. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Not all marketeers are liars. So if all marketeers are liars then why do people still buy what they're selling?
    It depends on what kind of marketeer are you talking to. I believe that there are still people selling exactly what they are promoting.

6. localnumberone

localnumberone
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Marketing is the way to spread new things in people's range. Not everyone deceive in marketing.

7. Janechan

Janechan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That is correct.
    We can't do without marketing.
    In the marketing,there is no 100% honest people,which can't be considered as "deceive".
    For example,a seller won't tell a buyer how much he/she earns from a certain transaction.