What do you say about luck?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by marcus47, Sep 18, 2013.

1. marcus47

marcus47
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I was thinking about my past. I had wasted lots of money in different types of business but it doesn’t mean that I haven’t any knowledge and skill of business. After getting lots of experience I realize that LUCK is the key of success. I know it’s difficult to say that but it’s true. :)

2. AnushaJain

AnushaJain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Luck is the thing which you have got before your birth,it can't be changed, but yet you can make other luck lines with your works :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. DisQ

DisQ
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Here is how it works in the most general sense.
    You try thing after thing after thing until you succeed in whatever goal you like.
    Then you forget all the failures (and that you adjusted your goal along the way) and you call your succes 'luck'.

Reality: you worked hard, adapted to the situation and succeeded because you did not stop after one try.

4. marcus47

marcus47
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Depends on exactly how you look at things. I guess it is a question that I just can't give a complete answer. I did not come to this conclusion easily.
    Nobody know about what is written in destiny. How we can change it? As you said that, it can't be changed.
    You are saying write it's already written.

5. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Others would say you make your own luck. Determine what you need, and where you need to be to get it, then go there. When an opportunity arises that will give you what you need, take advantage of it. Keep your eyes and ears open, and you will know where the "right place" is, and the "right time" to be there.

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Similar to joeroxx I'm not a big believer in luck. My view is that our success is largely down to how we manage ourselves - out attitude, focus, how hard we work, motivation, etc. People have come from really bad circumstances and built really successful lives for themselves. Others grew up with every advantage and messed everything up. I think how we react to what happens to us, is of much more impact than what actually happens to us.

• Like Like x 1
  7. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I believe in hard work and dedication. But sometimes these thing don't pay off. And "Luck" sometimes can pull you to the heights and make you at the very top. Every people aren't lucky but luck sometimes can make good thing happen to some people.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Changed Creation

Changed Creation
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Yes, Gary Player, a famous golfer from South Africa is known for saying "The more I practice, the luckier I get!":) The proverb "Practice makes perfect is well known", but my mentor Ockerd Moller says its actually "perfect practice makes perfect"! I recently heard that the Cheetah only catches prey after 10 tries. That's the average of business success statistics! This is why I am such a fervent promoter of getting a mentor that has done it. It just shortcuts the learning curve timeline!
    On the other hand the curious thing about life is, that when you move, God moves. When you take that first step towards a goal, the whole Universe moves towards you. There is a Spiritual Law that says "God will always meet you at you level of expectation". But it is a balance offset by a whole range of Spiritual Laws that all play a role in determining outcome, whether it is a business goal or a personal goal.

9. amwarner

amwarner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I value your thoughts on this but I have to disagree. If there is a key or secret to success, it's just perseverance. You said you wasted alot of money on various types of businesses, and even if you gained alot of experience throughout the years, you had a definite purpose of what you wanted to ultimately achieve.

Many people fail in business, but is it because they have bad luck or just don't know how to do business? And when they fail, they're faced with a choice, to give up or to continue. And by choosing to continue, they had a steady persistence in a course of action. Which is one of the definitions of perseverance.

Maybe some people can get lucky, here and there. But I don't believe that's the key to success. People can make their own luck, but it's persistence and perseverance that brings them success.

• Like Like x 1
  10. marcus47

marcus47
    uix_expand uix_collapse

HI amwarner,
    Thanks for this aggressive feedback. I would like to ask some question?
    What is the really meaning of luck?
    Do you believe on it, luck is already written?

It’s a religious question. Nobody can't understand easily without having some knowledge. You are just observing environment how did happened around in your life. You are just telling me these things, who I heard lots of time. :(

11. marcus47

marcus47
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Fergal,
    I want to write a book of luck. I think i am pretty much sure about that what is luck.
    It’s a religious question.Do you believe on it, luck is already written?

12. Michael Leng

Michael Leng
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To me, luck mean result of good/bad circumstance(s) by chance(s),right?

Therefore, I am in here, because I am not waiting for some chance(s). I believe that to invest something/to gain something; never do anything/ how to get things in a return?

13. amwarner

amwarner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If a person wants to believe in luck then by all means they could. More power to them. But success in business has less to do with luck and more to do with making better decisions ... based on prior experiences. That's why I can't understand why some people are afraid of failure. Failing is the BEST thing that could happen for any entrepreneur because it conditions them to learn from their mistakes and make better decisions the next time around.

And I'm not trying to be cynical or skew your views or anything, I'm just sharing my own opinions on the matter.

Benjamin Franklin had a quote that sorta summarizes the point I was trying to make. "Diligence is the mother of good luck."

14. magician661

magician661
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There is a great quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson "Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect."

I agree with this, if you start depending on luck it will take you no where.

15. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Honestly I'm not so sure. I agree with the views expressed earlier that the most important factor in success is perseverance and also believe in the importance of focus and hard work. However, saying all that, over 20,000 children die as a result of poverty every day. There is nothing they can do about their circumstances and I consider myself very lucky that I wasn't born into extreme poverty. I say "lucky" because it is a favourable circumstance that I had absolutely no control over.

• Like Like x 1
  16. kimipatel

kimipatel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

Luck is always need when we growth day by day. Performance + luck = Success. Not every where. But i saw so many people to say like , my luck is not working , My luck is not in my fevers. So it means some where luck is needed to every one.

Thanks.

17. Mr.

Mr.
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There might be luck but one should not completely depends on it.

18. Constantin

Constantin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is luck when you play the lottery.

In business, it is taking advantage of the circumstances. One person may take the right decisions and succeed while another, if put in the exact same situation and the same environment, will fail. It is about the knowledge, experience, the decisions we're making and so on.

There is a saying in my native country which would translate something like: "Every man builds his own luck".

• Like Like x 1
  19. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't think one should rely on "Luck" because Luck isn't always there. You don't know about Luck, it is just like an opportunity which you get without earning it. It comes and goes off.

Luck is like miracle because when you are down and off, the thing called "Luck" can make your reach to the height suddenly. So, that's why this topic is quite discussed.

But, I believe you are down and broke because of your own deeds. Things can go well when you plan well and dedication, study and hard-work are always the key to succeed.

20. marcus47

marcus47
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Fergal,
    It’s not only mean about successful or unsuccessful. It’s about your whole life.why kids from lower backgrounds have rubbish lives and everything goes randomly wrong, whereas others from good backgrounds would just come along do the exact same thing. Nobody doesn’t want to do any mistake but it’s happened suddenly. Just like an accident.