What do you prefer paying for web hosting?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by Ricus, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Ricus

Ricus
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Some free web hosting companies offer you the same as others, but want money per year and not per month. I have seen some that requested a small amount of only $3 per year for the exact same features, than another company offered for $1 per month. What exactly would you choose?

2. noreturn

noreturn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It really depends on the traffic or niche of my site. If I knew that my site would be getting a lot of traffic and my site would go down for a few days I would definitely go for the one that cost money. I know some of the free ones are good but I just simply would not want to risk it. So sometimes paying up is better being safe then sorry.

3. Jay

Jay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To be quite honest, if a host is offering such a deal ($3/year) I would be quite curious. The reason being for this curiosity is that well, you don't exactly know how fast your website will be because it will be fast some days, and slow as a turtle the next. This really drives your visitors insane which will ultimately lead you to switching hosts or loosing regular visitors. I would personally choose a host not primarily based on the price given, but the speed, uptime, and reputation that it has because in the end it is all upto keeping your website running in full strength.

4. remonray

remonray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree on noreturn.If the website is going to get more hits then probably expensive one because it will be safer,reliable and easy support.
    If it isn't getting more hits or doesn't have much interest to grow it up then may rent cheap hosting.

5. ranker01203

ranker01203
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As it depends on our website contains, for ex:: if you are hosting a multimedia website then you need all required applications for sound and video streaming, Don't go with cost when you are really hosting your business website.

6. malim

malim
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I wouldn't really compromise in services. Why are you so curious about money?

7. smartkathy

smartkathy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah malim you are right.

8. kimipatel

kimipatel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Check their server configuration first. Because this is absolutely low rate and generally those hosting provider dump so many sites in single server, result would be your site either found dead or nearby dead. Performance greatly decreased and sometimes your site would be hung. Better idea go with monthly plan for this situation.

9. patrick.s

patrick.s
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'd go with the year plan. Since domains are normally reg'd at a year a piece getting the year plan would make sense.
    If the site died then you would have only spent $3 instead of say $12.

10. omkalal

omkalal
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To get a domain name, you have to pay an annual fee to a registrar for the right to use that name. Getting a name does not get you a website or anything like that. It's just a ... You will need to sign up for an account with a web host so that your website has a home.

11. don19

don19
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Better to pay something , because some of free hosting will not backup your data, and some will terminate your account if you have overuse their service.

12. Asher ross

Asher ross
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Paid web hosting is always secure you just have to pay a bit higher then others but to run secure and successful business online you need to have a good and reliable web hosting.

13. sghosting

sghosting
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For the starter $1 definitely a great deal. I had $1 hosting for 1 year as soon as revenues starts to flow into my account I upgrade to better one.