What do you do when you feel tired and demotivated?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Fergal, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

We all feel tired and demotivated from time to time. When I feel this way I try to work through it, largely because I fear that if I don't push myself hard at these times, I may begin to feel tired and demotivated more often.

Other people will take a break, secure in the knowledge that they will come back to their work later, feeling refreshed and highly motivated. Recently I've been thinking that this might be a more successful approach, than trying to slog through the difficult days or hours.

What works for you, how do you deal with occasionally feeling tired and demotivated?

2. 50Cent

50Cent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I will either doodle on the paper or go and have a nice nap before carry on.
    Drinking water can help you focus more on what you are doing when you are feeling tried.

3. hetalhet

hetalhet
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well.. When I feel tired and demotivate..my strategy to get out of all this is:
    I start doing my favorite thing like listening music, watching movie, cooking just by saying my heart with my words that.. Thanks a lot sweetheart for sharing that you are tired or demotivated but I am gonna honor my words and so going to do cooking/watching movie etc..

and after some thime, my heart joins my body and I start feeling good..
    Thats my strategy I have developed own for me.. :)

4. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When I feel tired or demotivated, all I do is grab my PSP and play some games. I tend to relax using this way.
    Or in some times, I read some books or just browse the internet.

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Looking at your replies I'm going to try a different approach. At least for the next couple of weeks I'm going to start taking breaks and see how that works out for me. Thanks everyone.

6. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This usually happen when we take the work load more than our capability and forget that our body also works as a machine and it have its own limits so whenever I feel tired I take a short break, it can be of an hour or it can be of 1 day, I just sit back and think about what I am doing and for what type of results it helps me to rearrange myself and work in more efficient way.

7. freelancemom

freelancemom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Danielle Laporte wrote an insightful post on this recently: http://bit.ly/fMEwF0 - SUCCESS magazine had something similar recently: http://bit.ly/gR76Yb. I love the idea of slowing down to achieve more!

8. Gary Barzel

Gary Barzel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Fergal, try taking a walk or doing some push-ups to get your juices flowing again, it will also help clear your mind.

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks freelancemom, that's a very interesting blog post.

Thanks Gary, I do take walks and it works very well. I do some push ups and sit ups first thing in the morning to get me started. Sometimes I do a little house work or gardening during the day for the same effect.

10. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What about night clubs to chill up your self? :p

11. youngkia1

youngkia1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't know if you will laugh at me, but this is true, when i feel tired and demotivated I will first grab my "Rubik's Cube" and try to assemble it 3 times until i feel ok. Thanks me :D

Try to do it Fergal, it is fun and very challenging. :)

#11 youngkia1, Feb 1, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
  12. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I do enjoy a good night out William, unfortunately I'm not great with hangovers and tend to get very little work done the next day :)

I have a Rubik's Cube but haven't figured out how to do it yet, thanks for the suggestion, might bring it up to my desk and use it for the occasional break.

13. youngkia1

youngkia1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah. Good luck ;)

14. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am found of nature... and I have a very strong believe in God... so it gives me hope and refreshes myself. Kung fu panda is also very motivating.

Do any of you have seen the "Pursuit of happyness"

15. bulkybo

bulkybo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I read some political and/or economic news (might sound weird i know but it's a good way to relax and keep in touch with the world)

16. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I used to do that all the time, however recently I've been avoiding reading about business and current affairs. Resulting from the recession, the news has almost all been bad and negative and our politicians haven't exactly been doing themselves proud. Reading Irish newspapers recently, wasn't something that would exactly cheer you up and energise you. However, now that we have a general election coming up, things should get a little more exciting and I just might start buying my daily newspaper again. :)

17. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, I just consider politics as a soap drama its pretty interesting, specially the current affairs programs where politicians reveals the personal secrets of their opponents. I consider politics as an irrelevant thing. I believe that people should realize their themselves that they are actually the people who runs country not the politicians so they should keep power to themselves not some group of retards.

18. RogelynVKW

RogelynVKW
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What I do is play Left 4 Dead and kill some zombies with my buddy's. Or sometimes I just hang out and eat something refreshing like Ice Cream. It works for me a lot. :D

19. Matt

Matt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I normally will take a little break from it. After, I look at my goals that I have set and push harder to achieve them if I have fallen behind.

20. Andym

Andym
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When I feel tired & demotivated I'm most likely to go to the sea shore. Facing the sea fills me with energy & encouragement and at the same time it makes me feel how tiny little creature I am.