What do you call a business who rents office space?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by BigTuna, Mar 3, 2012.

1. BigTuna

BigTuna
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm creating a new business to rent out an office building I just purchased and trying to figure out a name. What do you call a business who rents out office space and manages the building? X Commercial Properties? X Commercial Realty? X Rental Properties? X Property Management?

Thanks.

2. mvh

mvh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would suggest "Letting" in the name as this suggest allowing someone to use the property in return of a regular payment. Agency and management would be bad choices i.m.o as this suggesting looking after third parties and you already own the property.

3. kilkenny

kilkenny
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Depends also on where you might want to go in addition to this building. Maybe you want to manage other buildings. Letting people know you're a property manager might be a good idea then.

4. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

It depends where you are, for one thing. "Letting" is not commonly used in the U.S. for example.

If you can find the right "X" as a name, any of your suggestions seems fine. Personally, I would steer away from using "Rental" in the name, but that is up to you. Managing the property includes more than just renting out the offices. I would either use the word "Management" in the name or stick with the broader X Commercial Properties, X Commercial Realty, or even just X Properties?

5. jackflaming

jackflaming
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can simply name your business as property business or property dealer. Some of the good names for your business are Smartdeal, PropertyPlace, ManageEverything, etc.

6. neiljackson0002

neiljackson0002
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think, Its Property management because it is a task of property manager to seek out the Tenants,collect monthly Rent and get sign Lease Agreement.