What career best suits me? & Google Certification!

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by jeff123, Oct 15, 2010.

1. jeff123

jeff123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have completed a Masters degree and own a business in LA. My most of work is from home answering clients call. I have a software firm and a team to work on projects from India. I am an intermediate to talk with clients, take work and get it done properly.

Most of work is related to websites. But it seems I am not doing anything in these. Answering same type of calls again and again has got little bit monotonous and I am thinking of adding some value to my career. I dont want to get a job because already my business is developed and I can get more money than job. But only disadvantage is that I am not getting more exposure as in jobs.

So I am thinking of taking some degree which can add some value. Now these degree is not focused to get a job. As I told I dont want to do a job. These degree I want to take to just get some knowledge and may be apply some knowledge in my business or open new business based on new degree

I know interest is very important for any degree and my interest is to take some certificate courses which will be like may be related cyber law, hacking, genetics etc. I want some degree which is more technical and which makes me proud :)

Can you write down some cool degrees?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum jeff123, thanks for joining and posting your questions. What country, city or state are you based in?

What did you do your Masters in?

When working in your business or in your hobbies, are there any topics that particularly interest you and where you feel that you have a natural flair / talent?

3. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Welcome to BAF jeff123!
    I think you have forgotten to tell us what degree you have Mastered and your current business in LA. And what type of work you are doing on websites.
    Regarding the degrees you are looking for, we can't really suggests one since we don't know what you can do and what things interests you. Can you give us an idea on what you like to do? Your hobbies and interests maybe?

Hoping to hear from you soon.

4. jeff123

jeff123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am also not sure about my interests :). But some of courses which interests me the most are courses related to cyber laws, Hacking or Genetics.

But any of above, I dont know how they can help me in currently what I am doing. I currently own a software firm where i have a team in India working for me and I take projects in USA. Its a good work and I can get good earning. Only problem is I am not developing my knowledge. I am not looking for doing any of courses to get a job. I just want to do them to get some more knowledge. One more course which I think will be relevant with what I am doing will be Marketing or Search engine optimization.

Can you please suggest me any certificate programs or any new technology like iphone development etc which can be helpful?. Courses which are related to latest technology.

Also, I am based in Los angeles, CA, USA

#4 jeff123, Oct 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2010
  5. Jahan Choudhry

Jahan Choudhry
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Follow something which interests and excites you. Reading your posts I think maybe something related to internet security or encryption may interest you.

6. jeff123

jeff123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do you know any good certificate course in that field than?

7. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Jeff123, I can't vouch for the quality of this course but you may want to look into it. It's an online course.

https://www.umuc.edu/marketing/market828.shtml

8. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

9. lirajones

lirajones
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There is a google adwords certification program. This will help your current state of business as u can involve yrself in web related matters and of course consultancy.

10. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

11. passionate_rohan

passionate_rohan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Jeff,

Since you mentioned that you are already in business and have a team, then moving into the process and quality areas may give you more exposure and interest.

Start defining your process. Use the best practices by getting more involved in management activities. You may go for PMP (Project Management and Planning) as well.

This will give more boost to your established business.

You can PM me to have more info on this.

Thanks and regards,
    Rohan

12. jeff123

jeff123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thats the really great idea my friends

@gekidan: thanks for that links...i was not able to find how much are that courses degree for...If it is good and cheap I will say why not

Lirajohns: Thats the best idea. I already signed up for that program and finished first tutorial. i will study for it and will start working on it and will pass the test :)

@ Rohan: For sure I will check that out. Thanks my friend

I am really impressed by google certification program. As getting a certificate from Google I guess I can use it in number of ways as well as can get good knowledge.

That were the kind of programs i was looking for. My business is almost automatic now and I am just doing a very small part in it so thats why I was thinking to spend money I earn in something useful which can help me in future. What are other certificates like these amazing one?

Thank you all. These forum is the best

13. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

14. navast2010

navast2010
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Firstly you should know well yourself and decide what you want to get, if your goal just get more money, anyone work is OK, but if you want to find some job you are interested, you should pay attention to it .

15. jeff123

jeff123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for your suggestions.

I just passed Fundamental test of google adwords. I really liked the test and looking for such kind of tests because its easy for them to study from home and I gained a lot of knowledge too..>Plus the degree is from Google

I now just have to take Google adwords pro test and than manage 1 account for $1000 in 3 months and than I will get google partner badge.

I hope to increase my business by using these skills :)

16. jeff123

jeff123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I passed the google adwords pro test and have a badge from Google

Do you guys know any other such exams which I can take from home and increase my knowledge?

Thanks

17. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

18. cary123

cary123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can go for cybersecurity in which only graduation is required and a good knowledge of networks and some little bit knowledge about Hackers are also required.If you do not want to do graduation.then, you can take certifications like CISA(certified information system auditor),CISM(certified information system management),CISSP(certified information system security professional), these certification would help the person to get career in Cybersecurity.

19. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Are Google Certifications really effective and powerful???? What are your Experiences!!!

In India, I have recently seen wave of such Programs coming in the market claiming on behalf of Google by various agencies.....

I have done a Course in E-Commerce Law from Asian School of Cyber Laws...This school has many more courses both online and offline... See if it has something to give you an idea you are looking for..

20. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I would say that Google Certification would be very much valued by anyone considering hiring someone for SEO work. Who better to certify that someone is qualified in an area related to online marketing than Google themselves.

For anyone that wants Google Certification I'd recommend doing it directly with Google themselves, it can be done online via the links posted above and Google AdWords Certification Program.