What can we do when forgot/lost WIndows admin password?

Discussion in 'Computer Questions, Issues & Security' started by syonxu, Dec 16, 2011.

1. syonxu

syonxu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I used to meet some questions on Yahoo Answers as:
    1. If I have forgotten my Windows XP password, then how do I get back into my system?
    2. How to solve the problem of "I Forgot My Windows 7 Password?"?
    3. Forgot windows password! Is there another way to log in to reset the password on Windows 7?
    4. How can i reset my Windows vista administrator password?
    This is said that many people have lost their Windows XP administrator password for a variety of reason. Maybe they have a long holiday, someone change their password unauthorized, install several Windows system in one computer and confuse the passwords and so on.

However, what can we do when we meet this common problem? The first thing we often do When we Lost Windows XP password is asking a computer expert for help. In fact, it is only a moment for you to forget Windows XP password and it may take you several days to regain access to your system.Here I collect some methods from internet, share to you.If you lost your windows log on password, you can try these methods:

Method 1: Log on as admin to reset the password. When installing Windows, it automatically creates an account “Administrator” and the default password is blank. If you have previously created a password reset disk, you can use it to reset the password also.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321305 for more info.

Method 2: You can try free software such as Ophcrack,Offline NT Password & Registry Editor. More details here: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolsofthetrade/tp/passrecovery.htm

Method 3: Use 3rd party password recovery tool (eg. Windows Password Rescuer and Windows password tools) to reset your windows password. You also can use it to create a New admin user account and use newly account to logon Windows directly.This maybe a good way for computer novice. See help page at http://www.daossoft.com/documents/how-to-reset-window-2000-xp-vista-win7-password.html

2. dsam

dsam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Use Ophcrack for cracking the password of your Windows system. It is a Linux/GNU boot system to find the admin password. Also it is open-source and free of cost, just download an iso image from sourceforge.net.

3. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hi Syonxu, I just wondering the software that you recommended may not work. Because the recovery tool is in .exe format, if the PC has been lock, how can we go in there to install the tool?

Ophcrack is much more make sense, because it is linux base, and we can burn it to a CD.

4. syonxu

syonxu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ophcrack can not work with some windows system I have tested. MMM.. about the software, let us take Windows Password Rescuer for examle. If you have a bootable CD/USB drive,some password tools can be burn to it and you can boot your computer from USB to run the software,so that you can recover/remove WIndows system password from USB.
    Such as Windows Password Rescuer,here I just list the simple steps:
    Step 1: Download Windows Password Rescuer on any available computer.
    Step 2: Run it to burn to bootable CD/DVD or USB flash drive
    Step 3: Insert the newly created CD/USB disk to your locked PC. BIOS setting of your locked computer to boot form CD or USB
    Step 4: Reset Windows password on a friendly window after Windows Password Rescuer starts.You also can use Windows Password Rescuer to add a new user with administrator privilege to your Windows when you can not find target user. With this New user account you can logon your locked computer directly.

5. kiback

kiback
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Spower password tool work fine with windows 7 , vista, and xp if you lost windows password.

6. davidlogin

davidlogin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

7. tutu123

tutu123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There is a versatile trump for computer users using for windows 7 password recovery. That is professional windows password recovery tool,Anmosoft Windows Password Reset. This computer tool could recover passwords for almost all versions of Windows, like Windows8, 7, Vista, XP, 2000 and Windows Server 2008(R2), 2003(R2), etc.

8. Navida

Navida
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you want to finish password then try this method. Remove cell from your motherboard and then put it again,with this procedure computer will not ask password after restart. Hope this will help you.