what can my father do?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by ychh1220, Apr 24, 2015.

1. ychh1220

ychh1220
    uix_expand uix_collapse

sevearl days ago, my father called me and asked me one question, what he can do in future?
    He was 65 years old and living in country with my mother.
    My brother and I are living in our city, nearly 1 hour from my father's home.
    My father went to the county fair to sell some kitchen products when we were young.
    Already 30 years.
    But now the problem is he is really old, and too tired every day to carry heavy products.
    Also, it is not safe to drive a car.
    So he asked me what he can do if he does not want to go to the country fair?
    I did not know how to reply.
    My father and mother have some deposit.
    The more important is if they do not go to the country fair, what they can do to get a little more income?
    If they do nothing, they will feel very bored.
    They are living in the country, not in the city.
    In my city, when the people get old, they will go to parties to dance, sing, or exercise.
    But my parents they are peasants, even though they have not done farm work for many years.

Anyone have any good ideas for me?
    What do your parents do now?
    Thank you everyone.

#1 ychh1220, Apr 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2015
  2. ychh1220

ychh1220
    uix_expand uix_collapse

oh.......................nobody ................no good idea?

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

ychh1220 would it be possible for your father to find a way, to continue doing what he is doing? For example, could he hire a younger person to drive him to the fair and do the heavy lifting?

4. MatthewOlszewski

MatthewOlszewski
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As Fergal wrote, think about solving the problem related to wearing heavy products by your father. Maybe you can hire someone to help, or organize better transport for your father.

If your father is 65 years old and all his life he did a certain thing, I don't think that figuring out a new activity for him is the best option.