What are your thoughts on Daily Affirmations?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Sonia Whitehorn, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Sonia Whitehorn

Sonia Whitehorn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Affirmations are positive statements that activate your mind to change your life, one thought at a time.

Do you think they work? Are they wishful thinking or do you just repeat them because someone has told you to?

Professionals and business people tend to use these techniques to develop their personal power or gain a competitive edge to succeed in life.

Here are 3 examples:

• Prosperity and success is my natural state of mind.
    • My management skills open the doors of opportunity.
    • I feel more successful every day

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I have tried affirmations in the past but kind of fell out of the habit. Now I try to ensure that my thoughts are positive, I have still a lot of room for improvement in this area and it is something I constantly work on. Affirmations can be very helpful in my opinion, however it is beneficial to remember that they are no substitute for action. Action creates momentum and gets you moving closer to your goals. Action is also very motivational, as it builds confidence that you can get things done and that you are taking steps in the right direction.