What are your thoughts about this idea?

Discussion in 'Business Ideas' started by Marc, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Marc

Marc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey guys, I'm planning to launch an idea soon at one of my forums (a smartphone and tablet forum).
    It's going to be called Crazy Idea Friday.

Basically, each Friday, my members will post up a couple of their cool ideas. Each month, an idea will be selected as the "best idea".
    The winner (w/ winning idea) will receive a small donation Via PayPal.

The question is, what do you think is a fair amount to award the winning idea? (I'd prefer have a set amount that I can say in an announcement thread).
    Also, what are your thoughts about this idea? If you're a smartphone/tablet owner, will you participate?

I would have used "forum cash currency", but there are limited options my members can use forum cash for.
    It might be better to send the member a little cash to purchase a couple of mobile OS games that they window shopped for a long time, :p

2. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hey..not only good one but sounds too good..it will bring new set of ideas and thoughts...but there should be rules in place to be able to fairly decide winner without any protest from members...get set go man!!!!!:D

3. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Deciding the amount for prize depends upon your budget. How much can you afford to giveaway? Since this will be every friday how much you can afford in a month? Answering these can help you decide. You can giveaway $50-$100 to begin with.

What would be the parameters of deciding the winner? Have you thought about that? And what do you do with the idea? There should be way to capitalize on that as well so that you can generate returns on your contest.

4. 2misi.com

2misi.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's a pretty good idea, it's just that, not everyone has a smartphone or tablet, so its possible that this will reduce the number of members who want to join the forum.
    If what you're mentioning is to open a smartphone and tablet forum,its an obvious indicator that contest winners must already possess the two mentioned products.
    But, its better if there is no difference between the members,this will allow more members who are interested to participate in contest.