What are your fitness obstacles as a business professional?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by NateAnglin, Dec 12, 2012.

1. NateAnglin

NateAnglin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As a business professional myself, I understand how it can be hard for us to focus on fitness and nutrition with our schedules. It can be hard and overwhelming. Usually out of sight out of mind is our way of thinking when it comes to this.

What are your biggest obstacles?

2. GeekGhost

GeekGhost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In a word: TIME. It's hard to set a few hours a day to get a good workout in so I placed a heavy bag and pull up bar in my office that I hit periodically in between tasks.

3. BacklinksInc

BacklinksInc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When you eat try not to eat much and make sure its not fast food that will just sit in your stomach and turn to fat. Also I dont really eat much but maybe a snack of fruit after 6pm. And ive lost almost 20 pounds in the last 2 months.

4. NateAnglin

NateAnglin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yea, "time" is always the issue but man if your trying to set a few hours a day for fitness... thats crazy :). I shoot for 30 minutes, however 3 days a week I'm in the boxing ring for 60 minutes so I love your heavy bag idea!!! I was actually thinking of buying something for my office and giving the people who I work with individual jerseys with their name on the back. The kicker is, they have to wear them when punching the bag. What a great stress reliever especially for my account managers.

- - - - Posts Merged - - - -

I agree, eating smaller meals throughout the day is ideal. I usually have pretty intense workouts so my eating is above the norm. Also, late night eating can be bad news for most people. I recently wrote in article on this, it's crazy the decisions we make and how it can even effect how we feel the next day.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sprinkles

Sprinkles
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Learn to eat more slowly! Studies show that it takes 20 minutes for the stomach to signal the brain that it is full. Eating more slowly allows you to recognize the feeling from this signal. Slower eating also allows you to taste and savor your food, leading to taste satisfaction.

• Like Like x 1