What are your biggest fitness obstacles as an entrepreneur?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by NateAnglin, Apr 10, 2013.

1. NateAnglin

NateAnglin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As an entrepreneur / business professional life demands a lot out of us.

What are your 5 biggest obstacles when it comes to fitness? What solutions would you like to achieve in regards to these obstacles?

2. magician661

magician661
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think the biggest obstacle is the time management.

3. GeekGhost

GeekGhost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with magician661. Time is the biggest factor combined with fatigue.

4. AnushaJain

AnushaJain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Another main obstacle I think is the thinking of a person I know many entrepreneur and business professional who like to remain in shape and also there are many who thinks that they have lots of money then what is the need to go for a gym or walk to stay fit.

5. GeekGhost

GeekGhost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

One solution I found to the time and fatigue factors was diet. Once I changed my diet my energy levels went through the roof. It no longer became an issue of finding time to workout but I NEEDED to workout to use up some energy. It became less of a task and more of a necessary every day thing.

6. magician661

magician661
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Fitness plays an important role in over all building of human nature so one should care about his fitness and should take out some time for it.

7. NateAnglin

NateAnglin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you magician661. I find this is one of the primary issues s well.

- - - - Posts Merged - - - -

Ahh, I love that you brought this up Anusha. The mind can be a barrier all by itself. Thank you.

8. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Time and fatigue are main hindrances. Even though one wants to spend time working out most of the times one is so busy with work that it is possible to do so. And if there is some time then after a day's work it is not possible to work out.

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

What changes did you make in your diet, that gave you those improvements in energy?

10. magician661

magician661
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Drinking lots of water and eating healthy food not spicy and I think eating green vegetables and dry fruits can help a lot in maintaining energy levels

11. Beth

Beth
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Whether you are a successful and well-established entrepreneur,one way or the other, they might have encountered a few of the challenges.I would like to add few of them;
    -Firstly, the negative mindset.
    -Overwhelming feelings.
    -Lack of support.
    -Growing a business.
    -Feeling of giving up especially when there is no such outcomes.

12. GeekGhost

GeekGhost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey Fergal. I cut out a lot of red meat. I eat a diet consisting mostly of leafy greens, vegetables, nuts and legumes with fish or chicken 2 to 3 times per week and other meat (beef, pork, lamb, etc) 2 to 3 times a month. I drink a blended vegetable and fruit smoothie every morning for breakfast and also put flax seeds, sometimes spirulina in it along with cilantro and kale.

I completely cut out ALL sodas and store bought juices. I juice at home if I want a fruit juice. Zero fast food as well. If I absolutely have to eat fast food due to time constraints I do grilled chicken and throw away the bun. I also cut out refined sugar from my diet as well as white rice or white bread.

13. LordRoco

LordRoco
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The fact is red meat actually provides more energy than anyone can think because red meat has excess of mitochondria in them which are the storehouse of ATP - the energy used in all living beings. Regardless, it is still an unconvincing way of energy improvement because it leads to the accumulation of excess cholesterol, triglycerides and other harmful substances that affect the elasticity of the heart valves.

14. NateAnglin

NateAnglin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That is AWESOME GeekGhost. Sounds like your taking the heathy lifestyle seriously and I'm sure you've benefited from it.

- - - - Posts Merged - - - -

I second those Beth. Thanks for sharing.

15. treasuresfromd

treasuresfromd
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I find the biggest issue for me is discipline. It can be way to easy to either say I don't feel like it that day or that I have too much other stuff going on to take that hour out to workout. It can be tough when your pulled in several directions to stick to certain things and unfortunately for me, diet and exercise suffer as a result. I have been working hard on simplifying my life, but there still doesn't seem to be enough time for everything I want to accomplish on a given day.

16. NateAnglin

NateAnglin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Danielle,

Thank you for sharing. I know exactly how you feel and this is the one of the biggest issues plaguing us business professionals...time.