What are you reading?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Justin, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Justin

Justin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Im just re-reading Naked Leader by David Taylor, which I think is a tremendous book. Also taking a relook at Tony Buzan's Mindmapping. Hard to believe that the technique si comparatively new. I use mindmapping at least once a day!

Also reading a completely non business book: Lost City of the Incas by Hyram Bingham who sort of discovered Macchu Picchu. Absolutely fascinating read.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I've also read Tony Buzan's Mindmapping, I use mind mapping occasionally and find it helpful for planning things out and ensuring I don't forget parts of a project. It is also helpful for generating creative ideas, that you might not otherwise have thought off. The concept of mind mapping is really simple and it is really easy to get started with it. Anyone could start using and benefiting from mind mapping without even reading the book.

I'm currently reading Bill Clinton's autobiography and am about 120 pages into it. It was quite slow and a little bit too detailed in the beginning but it is picking up pace and getting more interesting now.

Another book I'm reading is Seth Godin's "Unleashing the Idea Virus" (actually I'm listening to an Audible download of it). It's very good so far, with some useful tips on how to ensure your idea gets communicated to others by your customers / users.

3. Komputergeek

Komputergeek
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am reading one novel called "Bindas". This is in my Local Language. Fantastic novel having story of 3 friends.. Thrilling.. :)

4. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm now reading "The Goal: A Process of Ongoing Improvement" by Eliyahu M. Goldratt

5. sunexim

sunexim
    uix_expand uix_collapse

"The monk who sold his Ferrari"written by Robin Sharma. I like this book very much.

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

What do you like about it sunexim and what have you learned from it?

7. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm reading Chicken Soup for the Soul, I always reading this book as it gives me the essense of life.

8. brownnataly21

brownnataly21
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have just got a book by the greek nun who was very holly and the book is his speculations about the life and the family and our attitude to life and so on. I think this book will help me to understand things better in life.

9. nagavenkata

nagavenkata
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am reading Newspaper right now.

10. ishwarsingh

ishwarsingh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am reading my friend chat. We are talking about SEO Work.

11. Justinjude

Justinjude
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am reading "The Outpost" by Jake Tapper.

12. agentmanningctu

agentmanningctu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Having read a little more, would you recommend it? I thought about reading it even though I generally stray from biographies and autobiographies.

13. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Agent, I actually found it extremely detailed and boring to read. In my opinion the book could have been half the size and still provide more than enough info for the average reader. Sorry to say, but I found it difficult to read and stopped reading when I got about half way through it.

14. agentmanningctu

agentmanningctu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That actually sounds about right. During his second term, most Americans were tired of hearing about what he did outside of the White House. I think we got more updates on his social life than we did about his policies.

He also seems a little bit crazy these days, did you get any feelings like that from his book?

15. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I didn't even get to the part of the book where he discussed his affair. Everything up to where I read was all politics, in great detail. There was no sign of craziness, just total dedication to furthering his political life.

16. MoneyTrack

MoneyTrack
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The Score Takes Care of Itself - by Bill Walsh

A great read on leadership and organizational structure. For those that don't know him, he is a former football coach/super bowl champion.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Sprinkles

Sprinkles
    uix_expand uix_collapse

am currently reading Harry Potter it really interesting.

18. prakash

prakash
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am reading "two states" by chetan bhagat... it is very interesting... Chetan bhagat is one of the new generation writers.. his recent book revolution 2020 is also good to read

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. RegularPay.com

RegularPay.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

"Love, Lust, and Other Complications" by P M George. It is an intelligent and well written fiction book exploring themes such as friendship, love, loneliness and human connections. It is also a romance story featuring mature characters, though not the kitschy kind of story mind you. Its protagonists are a middle age couple in their sixties, a refreshing change from all those young love romances.

20. 2garry

2garry
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i am reading buzzfeed news its amazing for giving latest news about your sorrundings..