Featured: What are you Grateful for Today?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Fergal, May 7, 2009.

1. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

It's well recognized that feelings of gratitude play a fundamental role in promoting happiness. It's also impossible to feel stressed or worried when you are thinking about something you are grateful for. So make an effort to think about what you are grateful for and post it here. You'll feel better for it. :) :D

Sometimes the things we are most grateful for are very personal. If that's the case feel free to be vague about it, posting will still make you feel better.

I'll start!

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

It's a beautiful summer morning. Clear blue skies and sunshine. It's so bright and sunny this morning, that when I looked out the window first, I thought I'd overslept.

3. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My Gratitude Log!

A beautiful Friday morning is really something to be thankful for and what's more is that it's Friday! TGIF! I also was down with a flu for the past couple of days and I'm thankful that I'm now getting better. A toast to good health too!

4. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Kay's Gratitude!

Today I'm grateful for being able to see my yard again! The city finally came around to clear up all the debris from the ice storm after getting FEMA funding for it. We've not been allowed to burn all those downed limbs at all until a few weeks ago and even then only if it was a small fire. Because there was so much that it was a real fire risk for the entire town, they allocated us zones and we could only burn on certain days. That way the fire dept had one area to cover.

Anyway, they told us to pile up the large stuff by the kerbside for pickup. I've been looking at a wall of twisted tree limbs for months running the length of three sides of our property and finally, it's gone. I am so glad to see that mess disappear. My neighbor was joking about how someone had stolen our privacy fences LOL. :D

5. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sorry to hear you were sick, Nazreen. I'm glad you're over it.

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

They say that "good fences make good neighbours" :)

Glad to hear that it's finally being cleared up, it seems like such a long time since you had the ice storm.

Are you able to use any of that wood in an open heart fire to warm your house?

7. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's good that your yard got cleaned up Kay. Was this ice storm from last time.. was it January?

I really envy people's houses with yards. It's only rich people here who can afford having a yard while the rest of us stay in bee hives. :)

8. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I know, it's funny. It feels like years rather than months ago to me. Nope, no wood burning stoves or fireplaces in mine but we did give some to neighbors that have that until they ran out of storage space. It'll save them a fortune this winter. Those in wood fueled homes are pretty happy around here because it's not cheap to buy that either.

Yes, it was Nazreen. If you remember I posted about it all here. The last week in Jan/first week in Feb. I look at those pics in that thread now and it all feels so surreal, as if it never happened.

Yards are great until you need to mow them LOL. Mine is about three quarters of an acre and when I see my son out there behind that lawnmower, it reminds me why I had kids. ;) No, we love it, I'm just kidding. Unfortunately we lost a lot of the beauty of the trees in the storm but need to be thankful for small mercies. We all came through it in one piece unlike others and that's what matters.

#8 Kay, May 9, 2009
    Last edited: May 9, 2009
  9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

For the ability to cook a nice meal, the means to do it and the company and good fortune to be able to enjoy it.

10. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Today I am grateful for something called Zanfel. A few years back I got poison ivy and discovered I have a severe reaction to it. Most get blisters and I get thick, leathery, swollen raised skin like a severe burn, extreme pain - and blisters! LOL. This was the only thing that worked.

Two days ago I got poison ivy again, how I don't know but the dog's the prime suspect for bringing it in the house and me petting him. Now I'm sporting a half shut swollen eye a prizefighter would be proud of because it's around my eyelid, jawline and cheeks. Talk about covered in it but at least I knew what it was and what to get this time to stop it , plus not to scratch and spread it further! So I'm grateful for a little tube of magic called Zanfel. Not so grateful it cost me over $40 though LOL.

11. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ah, what a lovely thought to share Fergal. :) Do you deliver? :D

12. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think we, all are Grateful to GOD for giving us this pleasant Human Life!

13. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I think it would be a little cold by the time I got to you Kay. :)

14. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

That doesn't sound pleasant Kay, glad you got it sorted out though.

Did you happen to see the poison ivy scene in the Sopranos, very funny?

15. pendelton

pendelton
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Pendelton's Gratitude

Having gone through a rough bump at the beginning of the month I was able to get the help I suddenly found myself in need of.
    With the help of the family and friends I was able to land on my feet and continue on with my online work.

I am grateful to them

16. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nope, did not but I guess I need to seek it out now Fergal! :) Today I woke up with my eye completely closed. I forgot it takes 3 days for it to hit its peak of new breakouts before you can count on treating all of it. But hey, I'm grateful I have one I can still see with and will just need to stop entering beauty contests for a few weeks. ;) :D

17. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I hope the paparazzi don't catch you before you get it cleared up.

18. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Nothing like having friends and family around when you need them.

One good thing about hitting a rough patch is that you realize how much people close to you are willing to help and how kind people can be, when you need it most.

19. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The true identity of closed ones is revealed in your tough times only which shows you who are close to you & who all are just pretending to be close to you..as said...

20. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Right said scifi, " A friend in need is a friend indeed ". A friend who helps you in any problem or when you need him is your true friend. This how you can find your true friends.