what are things need to open web development company?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by phpadmin, Jan 19, 2012.

1. phpadmin

phpadmin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I know how to development web site, but i don't know how to open new web development company.

2. DaveB

DaveB
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would start by building a good sales team. If you can handle the programming and development work then you will want to partner up with someone who can work with clients and land potential new jobs. A huge part of your success will be landing and keeping customers /jobs. Do you have a portfolio or any seed money to start the company?

• Like Like x 1
  3. dollartycoon

dollartycoon
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do you develop yourself, or is that going to be outsourced? If you're developing yourself, then I agree with DaveB. Customer support is key to longevity. Initially you're going to be an an acquisition phase which is the most challenging, especially if you're new. But once you and your customer/marketing person can get over that hurdle, you're going to want to take care of your clients so you can maximize the lifetime value of that relationship. Basically, do be a one and done person.

• Like Like x 1
  4. CBI Web

CBI Web
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    BAF Tech Admin
    Premium Member

1. Legally register your company name.
    2. Build a website for your company, showcasing your skills.
    3. To get started, if your budget doesn't support advertising at this time, there are many freelance websites where you can find jobs.
    4. If you do have money for advertising - advertise the heck out of yourself.
    5. Also depending on budget, try to find at least one more developer to work with, and one or two people to handle the business end of things. If you have people to take care of business, your head will have more space available for doing what you do best - coding.

Those are just a few basic steps to get started. I did those same exact things when I started my web development company in 1999, which became quite successful. At its peak I had only 4 people working with me, but we were a great team, and produced some great work for clients. I closed it last July, retiring from it as a full-time endeavor, but I still do some web work here & there.

• Like Like x 2
  5. phpadmin

phpadmin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you for your useful information..,

6. lennonrowen

lennonrowen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I totally agree with your regarding the things need to open web development company. And you have excellent experienced web designers and developers.

#6 lennonrowen, Oct 30, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2012