What are the requirments to get a Scholarship?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Chrisj0401, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Chrisj0401

Chrisj0401
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What are the requirments to get a Scholarship?

I'm planning to transfer to a 4 year college University from a Community College. What are the requirements to get a Scholarship? ..A certain GPA? I'm aiming to get a 3.5 GPA or more. And if I do, how can I get full scholarships to pay the full cost of my education? I think I got most or all my costs handled with Community College, but worried about the University of my choice being too much for grants to cover. As for one of my of University choices, it will cost $26,000 per year/or semester (not sure as they only say on their site $26,000 for tuition/fees), so cost would be around $50,000-$100,000 for 2 years to complete my B.S. Business Administration Degree. Do I need to participate in any sports/clubs? If so, I don’t think I have much problem with clubs, but sports is a very different story. I'd rather have neither since I work full time and full time student.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

If I was you I'd focus on doing the best I can in my first year at community college, before thinking about what I'm going to do after that. You could start looking at your options in your second year. The world is changing fast and we are in a deep recession. Sadly, there may be scholarships available now, that will not be available when you need them. On the other hand there may be new scholarships released in the next year, that could be of benefit to you.

If you really feel the need to look at scholarships, your best option would be to contact the scholarship providers directly and ask them what you would need to do to get one.

3. ekta74

ekta74
    uix_expand uix_collapse

4. Chrisj0401

Chrisj0401
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree I know I should focus hard on my first year in community college, but if I know my requirements for scholarships for my university costs then I can make sure or at least aim to make sure that I get those requirements achieved.

5. johndale

johndale
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Having good grades should always be on the number list. Then the achievements as well.

6. chinaoilpainting

chinaoilpainting
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Depends on the school you're aiming for and the country you're in.
    Which college do you want to transfer to?