What are the issues faced by business consultants?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Jeoff.V, Aug 21, 2011.

1. Jeoff.V

Jeoff.V
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

I am sure there are many professional, successful and newly started small business consultants on this forum.

I am compiling a study on the issues faced by business consultants. What are your biggest challenges etc?

I would be grateful if any consultants who are reading this post, could reply and state the types of problems and challenges.

This may even help others on this forum.

Thanks for your time.

2. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Biggest challenges in what regards? Simply in owning a business do you mean?

3. Jeoff.V

Jeoff.V
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Being a small business consultant, your providing business consulting services to small business owners.

What type of challenges and problems are you currently facing?

4. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

1. Reputation is key concern, logically client will go for a more establish consulting firm.
    2. Capability. Client prefer 1 stop solution provider, e.g. they want a shopping portal, the overhead involve is included programmer, designer, project manager, seo and marketer. Most of Small bsuiness consulting firm only offer partial solution.
    3. Man power resource. Due to manpower issue, they always have volume issue, they can take as much project as they can.

5. Peter Birganza

Peter Birganza
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,
    The main reason in my point of view is competition in market. There are lots of consultants available on internet that may be the cause of failure for one consultant. It means the chances of risk are high in such kind of a business.