What are the factors that determine pagerank of a site ?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by James12smith, Jan 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James12smith

James12smith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This morning I checked page rank of my site , and it was 4 this time . When I checked it 6 month back it was only 1. I do not know who this happened. So, anyone here to figure out how it occurred. Can you tell me any advantages of having Page rank 4 ?

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

PageRank was the original method used by Google to determine a website's position in the SERPs. As technology has advanced, and Google's algorithm changed, PageRank became less important. Even so, there are people who believe that a PageRank of 3 or better means you will rank higher in the SERPs. It is not as big a consideration as it once was, but is still sometimes used as a gauge to determine the quality of your website. At the end of 2013, there was some talk, encouraged by Google, that PageRank was going away, as it hadn't been updated in quite some time. Then, all of a sudden, the PageRank was updated. This might be why you saw an increase in your PageRank.
    A far as any advantage to having a PageRank of 4, it may still impress some people looking for a quality website, but is not a big part of the determination of your website's position in the SERPs, so keep the quality up to retain your current visitors and possibly gain more, but don't concentrate on it when working on increasing your rankings.

• Like Like x 1
  3. marriott

marriott
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First let me know about your website so i can check what happened, yes there are some reasons like Joeroxx above said answer of your question.

4. dir4uk

dir4uk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

backlinks , alexa rank , traffic , page views, content , these are the major factors to determine page rank of website

5. Sean_DeSilva

Sean_DeSilva
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Matt Cutts is mentioned that page rank has long been foregone in favor of other ranking factors. so I wouldn't put too much weight into it.

6. spyshekhar

spyshekhar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

back links content taffic and many more thing which affect the pr of a site.

7. Anahit

Anahit
    uix_expand uix_collapse

1. Link Back to High-Quality Sites
    This is the most obvious factor: linking back to excellent sites is not just going to make your company look better and spread awareness of your service or product, but it will also help improve your overall SEO. Google PageRank is calculated primarily upon the quality of the sites you link back to. Remember, the larger the amount of high-ranking sites you link back to, the higher overall Google PageRank your website is going to achieve.

8. ActionEstore

ActionEstore
    uix_expand uix_collapse

According to the google there are many factors to determine the Page rank of website, one of most important factor is Backlinks. According to your case your website is getting many natural backlinks because page rank from 1 to 4 in just six months is like impossible to many SEO guyzz. Most importantly of getting Page 4 you have many opportunity to create more quality backlinks because there are many other people will like to link with you.

9. kpkarthik

kpkarthik
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Mostly the website page rank is depending upon the website quality,performance,number of traffic,number of inbound outbound links,content.These factors are mainly determining the website page rank.So if your website having high traffic and more amount of inbound outbound link and more quality means it should get good number of page rank.

10. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

This thread is now closed. If you have something new to add, PM me and I'll re-open it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.