What are the different way or steps would you advice to promote a ecommerce store?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Nimit.Suri, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Nimit.Suri

Nimit.Suri
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Team
    I hope my questions are not not violating the forum rules when i emphasize on a particular topic
    Because i feel questions which are not properly phrased don't yield correct or informative answers
    So I wantd to know few steps or methods by which i can promote a e-commerce website which deals in kickboxing products.
    Any help would be appreciated
    Thanks!

2. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Pay for advertising. Sponsor a kickboxing event. Have a stand at a kickboxing show. Sponsor a kickboxer. Run competitions.

All of the above will help promote the website and the products.

3. Lily Alvin

Lily Alvin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Search Engine Marketing with Social Media Advertising would be beneficial for your ecommerce store to start. Because these are major areas of SEO to get your site to that level.

4. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

How? Social Media has nothing to do with SEO. If you are using social media to drive traffic there is no search engine involvement at any level.

5. sameera

sameera
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To promote an eCommerce store, you can do following things:

First thing you can do is to fix all the issues in your online store in terms of technical issues, on page seo issues and ux related issues.

You can make better use of social media channels Facebook and Twitter by integrating Twitter cards, Facebook Og tags in your website

You can use schema.org to represent an organized structure of your online store.

Correctly implement sitemap in your online store

Use catchy graphics, creative headings and hashtags for the promotion of your products.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nitesh Jaiswar

Nitesh Jaiswar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Promotion matters a lot for any online business and if a right strategy has been applied then a good traffic can be generated on an e-commerce site easily. You must know that paid services are very helpful for generating huge traffic towards a website quickly. SEM, Google Adsense and Facebook Ads are helpful for increasing the traffic on a site and to raise its rank in search engines rapidly. Other than the paid services you can also work on video marketing as well which is quite effective. But the most useful marketing technique which has been employed by many business owners is search engine optimization. Try it

• Like Like x 1
  7. quantumsound

quantumsound
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Promotion matters a lot for any online business and if a right strategy has been applied then a good traffic can be generated on an e-commerce site easily.

8. rf-harris

rf-harris
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social Media has gained great importance in any online advertising plan in recent past because of its effectiveness so you should start doing some work on the top social networks plus also do some guest posts on some popular ecommerce blogs.

9. Mike Wilford

Mike Wilford
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree, if you have a site with lots of products then technical SEO is a big factor. Give each page title a good descriptive title - if you have 5 head guards dont have 5 pages with the page title "head guard 1" "head guard 2" ( or even worse - duplicate page titles with all 5 pages being called "head guard" - Instead have descriptive titles using colours, size and brand in each page title - and this will help google when it comes to categorizing your pages.

Highlighting the structure of your page will also help in ranking on Google so tagging reviews images text price etc.

And also the image quality as mentioned - poor images = poor conversion rate of traffic.

• Like Like x 1
  10. mark-taylor

mark-taylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social Media Marketing, video promotion, content marketing, adverts & ppc are some of the beneficial ways to promote an eCommerce store.

11. Rockpapercopy

Rockpapercopy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, I agree, social media marketing will help you gain the most relevant followers in your industry. I recommend teaming up with an Instagram Influencer within the kick boxing industry - a coach, kick boxing star, a champion - and organize a sponsored post. Make sure he's got plenty of followers and high engagement on his posts. Remember to build your authority with blogging on your website; build your presence in the kick boxing circles [discussion boards, facebook groups, maybe attend local meeting or trade show]. Good luck!