What are the best WordPress themes?

Discussion in 'Social Media for Business' started by Avinash Gupta, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Avinash Gupta

Avinash Gupta
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What are the best WordPress themes for social-media business sites?

2. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

All of them.

The theme isn't important, it's the content that makes a site successful. Great content will always outperform a good looking site.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. angelaerin

angelaerin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

in word press all most all themes are good only...nature related themes are looking very good and it attracts everyone.

4. cheta

cheta
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To me, i think the theme is very important for there are some that have some beautiful artistic and graphic designs that are very attractive to the eyes while some are just simple in design and so on. it depends on what catches your fancy that you feel will work out for you.

5. nitinuk

nitinuk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you want a choose best themes for your WordPress then select SEO friendly themes for your blog.

6. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Your post doesn't make any sense @nitinuk.

All Wordpress themes have the same core functionality, there is no such thing as an SEO friendly theme (unless the theme has title and description editing options)

7. Magento_oCodewire

Magento_oCodewire
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't think we only point out for the single best theme, there are a lot of themes which look amazing to be used in Social Media business. In 2016 mostly, business is looking for that type of themes which attract maximum customers.

8. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Themes don't attract customers, you need marketing to do this. Themes don't convert either, it's the content and calls to action that does this. The theme is mostly irrelevant.

9. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

I didn't say that. I said all themes have the same core functionality. That means in general one theme is no better or worse than any other theme with regards SEO.

The exception is any theme that requires umpteen stylesheets and scripts, these may be slightly worse for SEO than one that has clean fast code.

10. WebMedic

WebMedic
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Technically some themes can perform better in terms of SEO.

For example:

- Performance (how fast your theme loads)
    - Mobile compatibility (does your theme work well on mobile devices?)
    - Code (is the code clean of errors?)
    - Additional functionality (ex: special tags to help optimize search results)

Themes may not attract customers but they can be the difference between guests converting into customers or leaving your site

11. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Makes very little difference. If you have marketed the site properly the theme plays very little part in the conversion process.

12. WebMedic

WebMedic
    uix_expand uix_collapse

1. Mobile compatibility is important for SEO in general: http://www.practicalecommerce.com/articles/83483-SEO-Google-to-Make-Mobile-friendly-a-Ranking-Signal

2. You are right, just looked more into it and Google doesn't care much about the code:

3. Example would be Microformats (https://www.seoandy.net/biz/microformats/)

4. Website theme is also the website design which is important aspect in the conversion process

Example, which site are you more likely to buy from:

https://i.imgur.com/kORnbBB.png OR https://i.imgur.com/1YBBWvv.jpg

13. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

1. Yes is it a ranking signal - but only for mobile searches. The first line of the linked article says so.

3. Microformats have virtually no impact on ranking. You might get a better search results snippet but your ranking won't change.

4. This discussion is about wordpress themes. Neither image is of a wordpress theme so not sure what point you are trying to make. The wordpress theme you choose it less important than the content and calls to action. You can build a winning and high converting page using a basic or a complex theme - in fact studies have shown that a simple, distraction free theme will convert better then one with sliders, animation, clever imagery and so on.

14. WebMedic

WebMedic
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you for your input

1. Yes and I feel that should be enough reason to make it a priority, why? http://searchengineland.com/its-off...searches-now-on-mobile-than-on-desktop-220369

2. Virtually no impact on ranking maybe but SEO is not just about ranking high, it's also about getting more clickthroughs - the correct microformats can get you more clickthroughs compared to links without Microformat

Example would be 2 results for a hotel:

- One is not using microformats, no ratings/reviews tag on the results
    - One is using microformats, ratings/reviews showing on the result as 4.8/5 stars == more people willing to click

4. The idea is WordPress themes governs the design of your website, pick a good looking theme and you can convert more, pick a bad looking theme and less people will be willing to buy from you

15. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Although the two images shown may not be Wordpress themes, the same principle would apply. As WebMedic said in a subsequent post after the quoted post above SEO is not just about ranking high, it's about clickthroughs - although I would say conversions. To the extent that a Wordpress theme(or any other theme for that matter) can help increase conversions, there are some that are better than others. Of course, the theme is going to be a minor factor, if any, as far as rankings are concerned, so everything else has to be taken into account, sucjh as quality of content, relevancy to the search term, and all the other SEO factors. But, assuming this has been taken care of, the visitor has to have a favorable impression of the company, and a favorable experience using the website. Given that, I would choose the second theme, not the first.

• Like Like x 1
  16. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

I agree, but just about all Wordpress themes look OK. I doesn't matter too much which one you choose.

17. Newyorklimous

Newyorklimous
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The theme isn't important, it's the material that makes a website successful. Great material will always outshine a good looking website.

18. Baloo

Baloo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't think it is about which theme is objectively the 'best', rather the best for your particular needs and what goes good with your content.

As with any site, I'd recommend to create great content so you'll get regular visitors, and as they keep pouring in and your numbers grow (it takes time) you gradually start A/B-testing the design to see if there is possibilities to attract even more visitors and create something people are happy to return to.

19. actonyinc

actonyinc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Three Column WordPress Themes for Magazine, Corporate and Other Beautiful and Responsive Websites. If you have marketed the site properly the theme plays part in the conversion process.

20. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

You do realise that the increased use of touchscreen devices means the old three column layout is no longer effective. Forward thinking companies are now investigating single column themes as they work much better on smaller screens.