What are the best SEO practices these days?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by James12smith, Dec 30, 2013.

1. James12smith

James12smith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I know this question does not seem specific, but please let me know how do you rank sites these days?

I post only original and quality content
    I do quality links
    I do guest blogging on good sites
    I don't use any kind of likes like reciprocal, spam, paid and so on

But several days ago my sites has been dropped.

Many of my competitors have been dropped?

What do you think about affiliate/cpa links on sites?Are they a negative factor?Many of my competitors don't have these.

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

This question is almost the same as the question you asked in this thread, so the answer will be similar as well. The difference here is that you specified, sort of, what you have been doing. Because your website's ranking have dropped, however, you must not be doing one of the steps properly. Pretend you are a visitor, and read your content. Does it seem interesting to you? Do you feel that it was written for you? Does it provide what you were looking for. Then take a look at your links, and the links of your higher ranked competitors. Are their links better than yours? Do your links come from a variety of sources? Have you written any articles, and shared them on networking sites, or are you relying too much on guest blogging? As far as the affiliate/cpa links, are the competitors who don't have them ranked higher than you?
    As i said in the other thread, you will have to make sure you are strictly adhering to the search engine's guidelines, in order to make sure you are ranking as high as possible.

3. BizMarketing

BizMarketing
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The best practice is the same ones that have existed for years. Serve your readers. Put links on sites they visit. Use the terms your readers use. Produce the finest content possible that readers want to share, which leads to more incoming links for you.

I suspect what you are seeing is the continual efforts of Google to increase relevancy in search results and their continual efforts to return more local results for local searchers. We still see sites climbing in the rankings, but shotgun style efforts do not work anymore. You need to focus on quality, relevancy, and locality.

4. Halwits

Halwits
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Optimizing brand has become important rather than optimizing for website's keywords. And also social media marketing is the best method for brand promotion.

5. dotphisolutions

dotphisolutions
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Forum Submission is one of best practice in current Days.

6. sameera

sameera
    uix_expand uix_collapse

7. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Actually Forum Submission is NOT even close to being one of the best practices. That type of link is to easy to get, so has very little value, if any, to the search engines.

8. Shenoi Victor

Shenoi Victor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Forum commenting and Guest posting is very effective.

9. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Guest posting is only effective if your guest post is informative and interesting to the reader. As I have already mentioned (right before your post, in fact) forum submission is not very effective. Perhaps I should have specified that "submission" includes commenting as well as creating a thread.

10. jaysh4922

jaysh4922
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Some useful Idea according to me

Keep content fresh and valuable

Post to Social Media frequently

Add new pages

guest posting and forum posting