What are the benefits of deep breathing?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by spyindiaankur, Aug 26, 2013.

1. spyindiaankur

spyindiaankur
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I always heard and read about deep breathing in yoga and meditation lectures and books. Why it is so important and what benefits it bring to us?

2. AnushaJain

AnushaJain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Whenever you are in anger or stressed,taking deep breaths controls your anger and release the hormones which cools your mind and lowers down the stress. Apart from that,deep breaths open the pores inside and maintains proper flow of oxygen inside your body.

• Like Like x 1
  3. AmbitiousStudent

AmbitiousStudent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you breathe in through your stomach, your body will automatically relax whether you try to relax yourself or not. I don't know what the physiological process is but I can tell you that it works. They use this technique in many martial arts forms in order to heighten your awareness, maintain balance and remain calm under pressure. It also helps prevent fatigue.

If you breathe in through your chest although it feels natural it doesn't help to relax you. Think of it as making you uptight as your shoulders are higher than they would be if you were to breathe deep through the stomach.

If you're looking into this side of the spectrum then I would like to suggest that you research information on the Alpha brainwaves. There's tons of info on the net. This is the state of mind that you wanna be in when working alone in a quiet room.

• Like Like x 2
  4. spyindiaankur

spyindiaankur
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you so much Anusha. You really have an in-depth knowledge on deep breathing. Thanks again for sharing it.

5. Lahen

Lahen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

According to my knowledge, there are many benefits of deep breathing, I am enlisting some of these;

Deep breath helps to detoxify the body
    It makes you calmer
    It helps to improve your posture
    Deep breathing stimulates the lympathic system.

• Like Like x 1
  6. spyindiaankur

spyindiaankur
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Lahen. Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us.

Can you please give some light on lymphatic system, like what it is and what are its functions. I would be pleased if you share your knowledge on this topic with us.

7. magician661

magician661
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I found out this one very relaxing, whenever things go out of my hand, I take a deep breathe and its helps a lot.

8. Trevor

Trevor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Because of the deep, mindful breathing that yoga involves, lung capacity often improves. This in turn can improve sports performance and endurance.

9. rahulm

rahulm
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeap Deep breathing is one of the best techniques which make you feel relax it's provides your body enough oxygen which makes you feel relax.

10. spyindiatom

spyindiatom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When we take a deep breath then we get a large amount of oxygen in our lungs.It helps to activate cells and also get energy to our body..