What are some ways to expand a contractor(interior furnishing) business?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by jameshudson45, Mar 23, 2013.

1. jameshudson45

jameshudson45
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi everyone! My family owns a small interior furnishing business(with about 4-5 employees) and I plan to help expand it in a few years time when I graduate from my business degree. Currently the jobs that the company take are mainly furnishing for commercial spaces. I would like to hear some of your suggestions on how I can bring it to the next level! Find more jobs? Hire more people? any advice would be greatly appreciated! :)

2. BlueCoyMarketing

BlueCoyMarketing
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey there James!

Marketing is obviously one way that will allow you to get more jobs. Optimizing your local listings to have a high visibility is a great passive marketing (you won't need to continually pay for it to be displayed and brings in "free" leads) and you could also do geo-targeted search engine marketing - both of those you can also hire a company to do for you; such as us ;). You should really sit and analyze where you want your business to be focused on though. Once you have a clearer idea of where you want to go, you can lay out the roadmap to get there. Become an expert in your field by writing a blog and/or having newspaper articles/blog posts written about you and your business.

I'm not sure how exactly your business works, but I'm assuming general contractors would sub out to you? Network the hell out of everybody! Connections are key in any industry so make your presence known!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The first thing you can do is start focusing more on networking as said above. You can network with interior decorators to consider you for any project. You can also ask your current clients to refer you to other prospective clients. With that you can also think of opening up a new branch in another location to cater to that market provided you have the funds for it.