What Are Some SEO Tactics That Work?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by tunescool, Oct 13, 2014.

1. tunescool

tunescool
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What Are Some SEO Tactics That Work?

Don't say the obvious, it's in every forum and every thread every day

forum/blog/guest posting, article submission, directories, social media, etc

What are some things that you have done and seen the result of it bring you

Major Traffic
    Increased Conversions
    Higher PR
    Consistent Traffic Flow

2. Tandy

Tandy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

what are some SEOtips.....

Weebly.com provides free websites which can be upgraded to .com etc., but they also give tutorials and training. You might find some SEO tips you are not using -I managed 5 keywords on page one in a few weeks with one of the Weebly websites last year.

Best Wishes

• Like Like x 1
    #2 Tandy, Oct 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2014
  3. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Some of the techniques you mentioned as being " in every forum and every thread every day" actually do not work, and I have attempted to correct them every time I see them. I have seen them so often here on BAF that I have sometimes just removed the entire post. Except for blogs and social media, most of th techniques you cite actually don't work, in some cases because they are abused, or used primarily for linking purposes, rather than the purpose for which they were designed. As far as the results you desire, I wouldn't concentrate on "Higher PR", since it is a very minor factor in ranking. For Consistent Traffic Flow, you just have to use the proper techniques consistently. The important thing is not what you do, but how often you do it.You also don't want to overdo it. "Major Traffic" and "Increased Conversions" have more to do with keyword analysis rather than the actual on-page or off-page optimization. Picking keywords that get sufficient buying traffic will get you more than keywords that have little or no search volume. Of course, you would have to be highly ranked for those keywords, which was where you actually wanted to go.
    Before you actually start on off-page optimization, you have to make sure the on-page optimization is completed. I won't go into that, since that's a subject for another thread. Obviously, I can't go into too much detail about what we actually do, since it involves proprietary information, but I can give you some hints. Whatever you use to promote your site, whether it be an article, video, press release (yes, if done properly, they still work), etc., they must be top-rated, high PR sites. Avoid websites that submit articles to "1000's of websites" like you would avoid an Ebola patient (is it too soon to say that?). Articles, Press Releases, and Blog Posts must be well-written and informative, and it wouldn't hurt if videos were entertaining as well. Social Bookmarks and Directory Listings should be optimized for accuracy and quality. Just remember, your purpose is to inform, educate, and/or entertain. Getting links should never be your primary purpose.

I can't help but wonder where those websites are ranked now. Getting a website ranked in a few weeks means nothing if that rank cannot be maintained over time. Tunescool asked about "Consistent" Traffic Flow, not rankings that were obtained in a few weeks and could disappear just as quickly.

• Like Like x 2
  4. prakash

prakash
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The most imp thing is content if your content is unique and interesting then people will share it and you don't have to do anything for back links, my personal research shows that the articles ranks good in SERP which is liked and shared by more people. and your onpage factors are more important its like you must give your 80% to onpage and 20% for other things

5. Maryjohnson1555

Maryjohnson1555
    uix_expand uix_collapse

According to my personal knowledge and experience the SEO Tactic i used to rank the keywords of my products on website are ,
    write unique description and make show off on good show off site for top ranking.
    write unique and creative Articles and their submission on different blogs.
    video Marketing is also very impact-full tactic used For SEO
    SMO (Social Media Optimization) is used as SEO Tactic.

6. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I'm confused by your first hint, which says, " make show off on good show off site". I've never heard the term "show off" when referring to SEO and have no idea how to make one, even though I have been involved in SEO for over 7 years. I also have no idea what a "show off site" is. I believe your second hint should have said "and submit them to different blogs". Also, I would change "blogs" to "high-quality article syndication sites". Your third hint should have said "Video Marketing will have a substantial impact on SEO", and your fourth hint needs further explanation. Rather than say simply "SMO is used", be more specific about what it actually is and how to use it.

7. tunescool

tunescool
    uix_expand uix_collapse

thanks for your posts joe and prakash

my problem is i'm not good at article writing or guest posting or whatever. maybe i was when i was younger but not so much anymore. ill pay for content, but then finding the right places to post on can be just an endless search that isnt going to get me anywhere. where are the top sites that alot of people are gonna see and hit my link, i dont know. i would rather not deal with content orientated promotion but if i can get something somewhere ill pay for it

8. colnettella

colnettella
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Some of the best SEO tactics are make use of unique content. Do some off page submission like social bookmarking, Guest posting, Article syndication, Local listing, Forums this will help in backlinks. To drive traffic to your website make use of keywords in the content and take backlinks through anchor text which will help in ranking purpose as well.

9. carldweb

carldweb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

All are sharing same things. Means sharing of fresh content by different activities.
    But nobody is saying how much submission need to do for which type of keywords & where.
    This is the main thing need to share you all but all are ignoring..why?

10. jaysh4922

jaysh4922
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Some useful Idea according to me

Keep content fresh and valuable

Post to Social Media frequently

Add new pages

#10 jaysh4922, Oct 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2015
  11. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

As far as where to submit your articles, you want to avoid sites that make a large number of submissions anywhere. You want to submit to top rated, high PR sites. Ther is no way to specify in general how many submissions should be made based on a certain type of keyword. It is usually done on a case by case basis, with more competitive keywords needing more submissions in a wider variety of sites.

12. tunescool

tunescool
    uix_expand uix_collapse

everyones still saying social bookmarking or whatever. those are just here and now sources, you post and get some traffic from it but then your post is gone

i dont want to spend all my time posting to social media or posting some articles when im just getting some traffic

we all want and need traffic thats gonna be there all the time

how are people getting hundreds of thousands of hits to their sites all the time. and they arent just getting pagerank with articles and all of a sudden are on page 1

13. ZamorChki

ZamorChki
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sure, everyone talks about how external back links are better than internal back links, and they’re right. But that doesn’t mean you should ignore internal links.

Internal links help guide the search engines through your site. Without internal links, search engines have a harder time figuring out where they should go next. It’s your job to make it easier on them to find your important pages. The harder you make it for the search engines, the more likely it is that important pages will be missed by the spiders. And that means lost traffic.

14. Istimah

Istimah
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I may be wrong but I feel that we can't use the same techniques for different websites and expect them all to rank high. Suppose forum posting, blog commenting, article submission, directory submission etc are working great for a travel company but it mightn't work that well for a kitchen company. I have been through the situation. One of projects is doing great, almost all keywords on the first page for months, just by forum posting, blog commenting and stuff I mentioned above. On the other hand another projects aren't doing well by only these stuff. So my say is that you have to understand what kind of website you have and what backlinks it matters for that particular website.

15. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

It has been my experience that the same techniques actually do work no matter what type of service or product a website deals with. The company I work for has helped all kinds of different companies get, and keep, their websites at or near the top of the rankings for their keywords. The problem is that many people have not kept up with the changes Google has made over the years, and they are still using the same techniques they used a few years ago. The techniques you are using, which echo most of the techniques mentioned by the OP, are no longer considered an acceptable source for high-quality backlinks. The OP did mention social media, which is useful for branding and getting traffic. Even though the techniques can be the same, however, the source of the backlinks for different companies will change. To use your example, you wouldn't put an article about kitchen cabinets in a travel website! You can use articles, press releases, and videos for backlinks, but they must be placed on high PR top-rated sites.

16. shivshakti

shivshakti
    uix_expand uix_collapse

focusing on quality in your business and collecting detailed reviews which made your customers satisfied. If you can collect 100+ reviews , on 3rd party review site, get back links to your review url, for eg on yelp, and get 10,000 twits your website and reviews url both would outclass all of your competitors. But this strategic implementation would be requiring 1 year of planned efforts.

17. James Andrew

James Andrew
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When it comes to SEO, there might be lot of tricks and strategies will work for everyone. Its not a pre defined one so webmasters should deliver some useful content for end users. An another major aspect is,updating website with new content like blog, portfolio, testimonials will improve your website visibility in search engines.

18. Avni Shergill

Avni Shergill
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I completely agree with you, whatever medium a person to promote it's website, may it be Social Bookmarking, Forum Posting, Article and Blog Submission, etc all the submissions need to be done in the sites with good PR and domain authority. There is no use of submitting an article, which further submits them to the other 100 sites(for an example). Or doing submissions in the sites with low PR and authority. Sites with low authority can tell many things like domain age is not good, poor quality of website, lots of outbound links etc.

So it's very important to make sure submissions are done in the sites with good PR and authority.

19. sulbha

sulbha
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

First keep unique content on site. then consider on page score. and last go for linkbuilding with high PR and DA site.

20. Melissa Feeney

Melissa Feeney
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I completely agree with you, same techniques do work may it be the website from any category. What matters is the sites selected for submission, like you said there is no use of submitting an article related to the kitchen on the travel related site. It will not help you to generate leads. So it's important to make sure you do submissions in the high quality sites and in the right niche websites.