What are some improvements I can make?

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by melbel, Nov 18, 2007.

1. melbel

melbel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What are some improvements I could make to my blog to make it more successful. I recently got a new layout, so I'm going to see how things go with that. How does it look, thus far? Anything I should remove, change or add to make it more successful?

2. MrsWrite

MrsWrite
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey Melbel. I really like that flower at the top of the blog and congrats on the upcoming wedding... I don't know what the blog looked like before, but I like it the way it is. :)

3. BizMan

BizMan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well nice layout, but the flower could be replaced with something that represents your blog more. Taking a quick look at your blog, it seems mainly to be a personal blog, if that's your purpose, then the flower is fine if you like it.

Also what kind of improvements are you looking for? Do you want to make some $ off the site, aside from PayPerPost, or are you looking to get more visitors?

If your looking to make more $, then when adding ads make sure they blend in with the site design. As for getting more traffic, write useful and interesting things and you'll get some traffic. Submit interesting posts to digg and similar sites.

4. surfville

surfville
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You have a nice blog out there? although i it seems blurry? i don't know if that is only my firefox browser. But you also have a great content, also i like flowers and that is why loved your blog.:)

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Yes very nice blog indeed. As has already been suggested in the posts above, it will help us to give you better suggestions if you are clearer as to what exactly you want to achieve from the blog. Are you looking to have a good personal blog or do you want to develop it into a nice income stream.

SEO is one area you might want to look at. Title tags are a very important aspect of any site's SEO and the "post per day" text you have as a title tag is probably not doing very much for your search engine listings. To start off you may want to do some research into what would be the most effective keywords for your site, then include some of these in your title tags.

You might also note that your blog is not optimised for 800 x 600 screen resolution in Firefox.

Good luck with it.

6. pushkar_alex

pushkar_alex
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey Melbel, your blog is really good..Just change the background colour, it will look more effective.

7. anuj291

anuj291
    uix_expand uix_collapse

very nice blog u have there
    nice content and well placed paymnet details
    very nice

8. zerzis

zerzis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i just didnt like the placement of blog archive..i mean placement is good, but when the posts are unfolded the titles are sooo long that a single title fills 3-4 lines..which makes reader difficult to read - so 90% of people will not read that. Do you know except that i read everything on your blog..in less than 40 seconds...even your treasure trooper earnings.. i can even remember now - $90 paid and something around $808 pending...right? What i want to say is make it easy for the reader to read everything, atleast important things, and archive is an important thing because it directs reader to more of your content, if he likes that also - he will read another one- and if he feels nice for a couple of posts he will subscibe even! - thus u have got a returning visitor! Look after archive placement and its presentation.

Else everything is very good, honestly.

9. zhinghur

zhinghur
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nice placement of the ads and wonderful text and color combination except the headers...I suggest better replace the headers( looks fuzzy) else everything is good... Went through some of your post and glad to know that it was you, who won that contest for the Book title...emillions...Even i participated there....haha.... anyway nice job.......

10. sridatta

sridatta
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Cool Blog.. some things i noticed that can be changed are..
    1. colors of title and flower are not so matching
    2. The hyperlink colors appear to be fading.. you can change the color to give a brightened look..

Rest all is awesome..

11. archgames

archgames
    uix_expand uix_collapse

everything is fine but u can swap the google ads with News From Melbel section

but really nice contents...