What are some effective ways to increase eCommerce sales?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by takeshifujimoto, Jul 1, 2015.

1. takeshifujimoto

takeshifujimoto
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm fairly new to the whole ecommerce scene. Right now I run a website where I sell digital products (no physical products). Besides SEO and word-of-mouth marketing, what other methods could I be doing to increase sales of my digital products? Any suggestions are welcome, cheers everyone!

2. david14beck

david14beck
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think you should consider to run a paid campaign on Facebook or Ad words. You can choose location based area for your business, where you can sell your products. I think its is the best method now a days because people uses social media site most of their time. so you can target Facebook and Google search for your business. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. pwarbi

pwarbi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For a business that's exclusively reliant on online sales, then it's better to target the online market. This would mean targeting your ad campaigs to a specific target audience, people that you feel would 've interested in buying your product.

Join and participate in specific forums, advertise on them for new customers, adding social buttons could also help people to share you're site via their social media.

Any form of advertising will help, it's all about getting your site seen by as many people, on as many different platforms as possible.

• Like Like x 1
  4. clevelandslim

clevelandslim
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Use an autoresponder style drip emailer and send emails out regularly. One of Amazon’s biggest moneymaker’s is their automated emails.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Corzhens

Corzhens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As in any business concerning sales, you have to advertise or promote your product. The first impulse is, of course, the social media that I assume we all have one. Particularly those with friends who are active there, they can share your posts to bandy what you have especially if you have promo schemes like discounts or freebies.

• Like Like x 1
  6. takeshifujimoto

takeshifujimoto
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you for your input! Yeah, I've been realizing that in order for me to make any headway with my business, I'm going to have to invest some money. Right now I invest a lot of my time and it's been effective but I guess there really is no such thing as "free traffic" nowadays lol. thanks again for the feedback and good advice, cheers!

• Like Like x 2
  7. takeshifujimoto

takeshifujimoto
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think you're talking about newsletter and having a mailing list? I already do have a mailing list but the tricky part is building the mailing list. These days, people often get weary of mailing lists as they think we're just going to spam them. Nevertheless, this is great advice and I thank you for your input. cheers mate.

8. takeshifujimoto

takeshifujimoto
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey Corzhens, thank you so much for your reply, this is good advice. This is something that I've looked into before but what not quite implemented yet. I'm planning to re-organize and tackle these small things at a more organized manner. Thank again for the feedback and I hope you have a great week. cheers!

9. sandrew272

sandrew272
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is an absolute must for any eCommerce store as social media continues to grow as a major part of Internet marketing.

10. polunio

polunio
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, you are correct.. You can consider its free, but it's not totally free because you have to bring effort to them to come to your website..

11. Robert01

Robert01
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You should try social media. Social media like Facebook. YouTube, Twitter etc, they are currently fairly enough popular. People pay them a visit everyday several times.

12. Diane Lane

Diane Lane
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would definitely recommend a social media presence. I'm not sure exactly what your products are, other than that they're digital, but that could determine which social media sites would work best for you. I wouldn't limit myself to just one site, and it might be a good idea to look around on each to see what others in your type of market are doing, and whether it's working for them, before expending a lot of time and money there.

#12 Diane Lane, Jul 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
  13. Magecom

Magecom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SMM is a very good option. I do not see the link to your current website, but I would still suggest to add some more marketing features to the site in order to increase conversion rate.

Regards,
    Julia