What are good reasons to use Joomla instead of Wordpress?

Discussion in 'Wordpress' started by blogger, Jan 4, 2013.

1. blogger

blogger
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This question pertains to the development of marketing-oriented blogs and company websites. I understand that Joomla has some features that allow more control over design, but I haven't found any single compelling reason to choose Joomla over Wordpress (especially in its current version). Other than personal preference and familiarity, what are the reasons for going with Joomla?

2. srishtimehta

srishtimehta
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Wordpress is really awesome open source platform. Wordpress provide the platform for the easy publishing, and distribution of content, high quality extensions, lot of themes, plug-ins and its easily customizable.

3. Brijesh Patel

Brijesh Patel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

WordPress and Joomla both are so wonderful open source platform to developm website. I have my website Rightway Solution in wordpress but i never think for swtiched it on Joomla. Because i haven't found any particular reasons for that. Thanks.

4. magician661

magician661
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think best feature of joomla is it is fast, safe, and easy editing it has powerful and easy menu creation tool.There are huge library of extensions>.There is a vast collection of templates to choose from.

5. madelinekim

madelinekim
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Joomla and Wordpress both are good open source CMS which anyone can use to design websites for different purpose. Many designers use Joomla because the requirement of client and for its great features. Wordpress is widely used for design blogging websites using its latest plugins and attractive themes.

6. natyk

natyk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think both of system are well-known and have a good opinion among users. I work with WordPress and realy is friendly program to use, even for beginners. Access to a lot of templates, plugins and informations. If you want to check a potential and possibilities both of them visit bktemplates.com and test.

7. zeropid

zeropid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, if your website is already done with WP it is not wise idea to move to Joomla I believe.

8. aestheticseo

aestheticseo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Wordpress is nice and easily editable CMS.