What are "featured" products?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by AverageJoe, Mar 3, 2010.

1. AverageJoe

AverageJoe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sorry if this is the wrong section. The description seems to fit my question best (I hope).

I noticed this not only on websites that sell things but also news blogs (example: Featured Articles). What does "featured" mean exactly? Does it mean popular? Does it mean it's sponsored? Or is it a product that I myself like so I made it a featured product? Or can it be anything?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

AverageJoe when products are marked as "featured products" on a blog or other type of site, this generally means that they are sponsored ads and that someone has paid for that product or article to be highlighted, in some way. However, it doesn't always mean that, sometimes a website owner or blogger will feature something because they particularly like it, without having received payment for promoting it.

3. Michael

Michael
    uix_expand uix_collapse

From my experience of making eCommerce websites, a featured product is one that you give the site owner the option to promote. So it is a product that themselves have made featured.

4. AverageJoe

AverageJoe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the info guys. :thumbsup: