What are characteristics of a good website by Google?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by James12smith, Jan 14, 2014.

1. James12smith

James12smith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have started working on a Authority website, and I am not doing anything blackhat. What are some key things in mind I should keep if I want to rank well?

Such as page speed, urls , interlinking etc.

Thanks

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I have a question first. How do you know that the website you are creating is an "Authority" website. You don't create "Authority", you become known as an authority over a period of time, as people visit your website and spread the word about what they have learned from visiting your website. Of course, it could go the other way - if the information on your site isn't accurate, you become known as someone who is not an authority.
    Now, to answer your question. It may seem contradictory, but Google doesn't want you to design your website for Google. You should design your website to be informative, appealing, and easy-to-navigate for your visitors. You will then have the best source when searchers are looking for something related to the content of your site. In fact, Google's Webmaster Guidelines actually specifically state, "Make pages primarily for users, not for search engines."
    As far as the Design, Quality and Technical Guidelines, it would include things like actually using the phrases you want to rank for in your content, making sure your HTML is coded correctly, view your site in different browsers, don't use tricks to try to deceive the search engines, etc. The complete guidelines can be found here.

3. Adithi Rao

Adithi Rao
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google likes and ranks user friendly websites..Means your website should contain unique,quality content about your services which is user friendly..