What are black hat techniques and white hat techniques?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Clarence.Burn, Apr 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clarence.Burn

Clarence.Burn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What are black hat techniques and white hat techniques? Is this really affecting our website? I want to know more about those black and white hat techniques.

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

This subject has been covered before, but, based on your join date, you may have missed it the last time. You could have done a search for the terms "white hat" and "black hat" here in the forum, if you wished, before posting your question, but they may have not been easy to find.
    Basically, some practitioners of SEO have taken to referring to techniques that violate the guidelines established by the search engines as "black hat" techniques. Conversely, techniques that adhere to the guidelines are referred to as "white hat". From what I have seen from several SEO professionals, these are not official terms, but are used informally. For that reason, you may not see those specific terms in the guidelines themselves, although they will refer to both approved and non-approved techniques.
    Getting back to what I mentioned earlier, I searched the forum myself and found these other threads, which may help answer any questions you may have:

What Is white hat and back links?

Black Hat SEO

Are there any blackhat techniques that people think are whitehat?

white hat seo or black hat seo

Did you try some black hat seo tools or softwares?

How to define BlackHat SEO?

Black hat SEO's benifits

In black hat SEO process site may block or not

Black Hat SEO

That should keep you busy for a while.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.