What about pricing to hire a Web Designer?

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by partho, Aug 28, 2013.

1. partho

partho
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello all

I am confused about pricing to hire a web designer,from where I get the information about the pricing or Hire web designer on hourly basis or Per project. Plz Guide me regarding this.

Thanks

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I'd suggest that what you need to do first is specify exactly what the web designer to do for you, then get a price to complete that work. Personally I'd be reluctant to pay on a per hour basis, unless you have the expertise to know how long the tasks completed should take.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I would first take a look at several web designers websites, first to see what their own website looks like, then to take a look at their portfolio. That will show you what kinds of websites have they done, and for what type of business. Then, actually go to the websites in the portfolio, to see the kind of work they do, and the different features the websites have. This will give you some ideas about what you might want on your own website. After you have a better idea of what you want, then you can go to various designers to get a quote. When you do, the quote will be based on what you want on your website, so be prepared to go into as much detail as you can. A good web designer will do the same, so that they can give you the most accurate quote possible.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Paul0130

Paul0130
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Most I get are for the day job, look for freelancers and don't accept stupid prices, I have had stunning 3 page designs uniquely made for £50 often and paid coders £50 to code, so shop around

5. adsystem

adsystem
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Pricing of a web designer can vary according to his experience, expertise and your specific design requirements. If you want a responsive website and unique branding, cost will be big. If a simple website with your brand message is enough for you, cost will be less. Website features, customization requirements, dynamic functionality, delivery time, location of the designer and various other factors also affect the cost. Here is a post that will give you the complete idea about web designer pricing.
    http://bit.ly/1fkG4gc
    I am sure all your doubts will vanish after reading the post.

6. sandeep552

sandeep552
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Agree with adsystem, The cost of website is depend on its features and behaviors.

7. diyakapoor

diyakapoor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

$18/hr, a standard rate of many companies(these days). Hire a designer/developer at PixelCrayons, a 9+ years experienced web design and development company.

8. adsystem

adsystem
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes I agree with you that Portfolio page the whole story of a company or expertise they have.So i also suggest you that before hiring any company or agency must check their portfolio page.

9. Trevor

Trevor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Most design companies charge anywhere from $2,000-$5,000 for a basic website. This usually excludes the cost of writing text, and performing search engine optimization. It's also not unusual for companies to charge $10,000 to $50,000 for a website. Seems a bit expensive, doesn't it? You can go for $300 to $3,000 for a website, on average. That actually includes search engine optimization to get you ranked well on Google. It also includes writing content for your site, if needed.

10. OlegLola

OlegLola
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

The most advanced solution is to search the developers on freelance marketplaces(oDesk, Elance, Guru, PeoplePerHour, Freelancer.com). Here you can not only search for remote contractors (namely software developers), but manage a project and carry out payments. Such marketplaces make the collaboration between contractors and clients as transparent as possible; for example,oDesk offers software for time tracking, which is a usual thing to check the progress of a current task by a hourly-rate project. You can find a number of software developers from around the world there, read their profiles, learn more details about them, their services, job proposals, check their portfolio and reviews.

Some more tips on finding good software development company

11. adsystem

adsystem
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes I agree with you,Number of software developers from around the world.The portfolio page is tells the whole story a website or company's expertise level.So before hiring any company or agency must check their portfolio page what they did in past.

12. brain dhari

brain dhari
    uix_expand uix_collapse

According to my surrey related to this every company has its own standard; they are charging according to that only.
    If you are contacting a MNC company, they will charge a bit higher compare to small or mid-level company. Choose the designer based on his recent work and make a bit inquiry this website is really developed by this designer only.

13. adsystem

adsystem
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes you are right,MNC charge a bit higher as compare to freelance or mid level companies.But the MNC companies has the capability for creating more actionable web designs for your business.

14. angelOnEarth

angelOnEarth
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The country where he is from can also have a little bit effect on his salary, however it mostly depends on his skills and experiences as a Web Designer. I think the average pay for a Web Designer is $25 an hour. I have to agree with Fergal on figuring out what exactly is the Web Designer's tasks first before looking for one. You need to asses first if you'll be hiring him on a per hour basis, fixed priced or full time. If you think you guys are going to have a long term project, then I'd suggest for you to hire a full time Web Designer. With this, you'll have a developing working relationship while your business is growing (you'll also save time explaining what type of design you'd want unlike if you hire someone different for every project).
    I also took the liberty of recommending this set of skilled candidates: https://www.staff.com/skill/web+design

I hope it helps. :)

15. adsystem

adsystem
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes You are right,There are different charges for different country.I don't think so 25 $ is the average pay,there are also very cheap web designer cost may be 10-15 $ per hour.

16. abebi

abebi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes I agree with you there should be different charges for different country.

17. OlegLola

OlegLola
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

It's not only about price, it's also about quality. I wouldn't expect to receive the product of high quality for 10$. But maybe I'm mistaken.

18. partho

partho
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks dear for suggesting me about cost of hiring a web designer.

19. Mike124

Mike124
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Why don't you try SEOClerks.com? They have the best seo professionals and web designers at the most affordable prices. You can look for programmers, web designers, SEO professionals, article writers, back link creators and what not. Therefore, it is the preferable option for all the freelancers out there.

20. rebena

rebena
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Web designing is a difficult task. Usually the difficulty lies in the mismatch between the client’s vision of his company’s website and the designer’s interpretation of that on the other end. It requires a highly attentive and experienced web developer to grasp the “look and feel” that will represent their clients company best. The web developer must create a website that cuts across different cultures and social categories.

Web designers must take into account everything from color codes, font type and size to web functionality when designing a professional website. They must have a high sense of aesthetics and good programming to ensure smooth functioning of the site.