What About Cross Promotions?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Diane Lane, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I like to give something extra when someone purchases one of my products. I usually include 2 or 3 thank you mints in with a thank you note and a few business cards. I'm not at the point where I can give something more expensive, but I think I have found a product that I would like to give, if I can ever increase sales enough to cover the cost and make it worthwhile. I have considered contacting the company to ask about a discount, since they would be getting promotion out of it, but I don't feel comfortable doing that until I can show that they would reap some benefit.

Is this something that other companies do? Have you done it, or would you consider doing it? The item isn't big, but it is value added, and I think it would be attractive to my customers.

2. Corzhens

Corzhens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Some companies here do that but only on occasions. Particularly during the Christmas season, most hardware stores would give calendars to their customers. Some companies would have t-shirts as giveaways and some would have designer pens. It is a custom here to promote your product with giveaway items not necessarily with customized items like I had mentioned.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Diane Lane

Diane Lane
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, @Corzhens That's pretty much I was thinking about, for the Fall/Holiday season, to give something little back to customers that might leave a positive impression, and hopefully work something out with the company I'd buy them from, to get at least a small discount, since they would also be getting some goodwill from my customers. Many years ago, most companies here would do such giveaways, but they're becoming less and less frequent in this abysmal economy.

4. kaian

kaian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is still a business that needs to make profit. I agree on checking with the company who will make the products for you to give you some discount just so you save on the cost of production. A small giveaway will surely help gain a bit of customer loyalty. You just have to be careful in choosing which product to give. It should be something useful but not expensive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Alika Cooper

Alika Cooper
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think is a good idea. In the business world an idea can change your business lead. It will help you get popularity and the sale of products.

6. janefirst

janefirst
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Some companies attract their customers by offering them discounts, free gifts, and sale coupons. This increase their overall turn over and ultimately sales.