Weird related keyword searches

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by bretttina, Feb 6, 2012.

1. bretttina

bretttina
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi all,

Have any of you experienced any weird goings on with your serps or keyword related searches??

When i checked my page by a keyword search with 4 different search engines, i was really amazed at the difference in page displays,

This was my results,

I searched for "mobile exchange"
    Google chrome page 11
    firefox page 11
    Internet explorer page 1
    Opera page 1

Now i tried this both signed into Google and signed out,

Any ideas why this would be happening?

Brett.

2. Versastyle

Versastyle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Have you tried clearing your cache on the different browsers you're searching with? I have seen sites jump from page 2-3 to page one with a fresh browser cache.

3. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Brett:

I'm a little confused about exactly what you are trying to do. Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Opera are browsers, not search engines. Also, you listed the pages you were on, instead of the actual rankings of the site. Did you mean to do that? If you did, saying you were on page 11 means your actual ranking is between #111 and #120 for the phrase "mobile exchange". I searched Google, Bing, and Yahoo both here in the USA and in the UK. Here in the USA, I searched the phrase 'mobile exchange" and you came up #8 in Google, and #3 in both Yahoo and Bing. In the UK version of the three search engines, you were not found in the first three pages of Google, but were #2 in Yahoo and #3 in Bing.
    By the way, if you meant to say you did a search on the search engines in each of the browsers, I am using Mozilla Firefox 10.

• Like Like x 2
  4. bretttina

bretttina
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi joeroxx, thanks for the reply,

Yes i did mean browsers and not search engines ooppsss sorry about that,

When i searched the term "mobile exchange" with Bing and Yahoo i also get the same results but yet they are all Google related searches?

But when i check my serps with http://www.seoserp.com/web_tools/google_top_1000_serps_checker.asp and just choosing Google.com i get 2 results in the top 10 so why is there such a difference between google searches?

5. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Was that supposed to be a question? I don't know any reason why searches on Bing or Yahoo would be Google related. The results I got were the same whether or not I was signed in to Google. The only suggestion I would have is to clear your cache on each browser, as Versastyle suggested.

I wouldn't rely too much on seoserp.com, especially since you can only check results for one keyword at a time. I have a SEMRush toolbar on my browser, which gives the results for all keywords where a website is ranked in the top twenty, and when I checked your rankings with it, I got "no results found". For this reason, I would not rely too much on outside ranking checkers, unless you have a large number of keywords. For a single keyword, it's easier to go to the actual search engines themselves, which is what I did.

6. malkyb

malkyb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi - I have noticed a good deal of variation in Google results - sometimes the issues seem to be caused by Google 'remembering' your searches and promoting sites you have visited either signed in or out which is really frustrating! Apparently there have been big changes made by Google over the last weeks sending all sorts of SEO tools into mayhem. Maybe try Rank Tracker as you can check many keywords in that but.....it is unpredictable at times giving strange results....especially after the last lot of Google changes.