Weird fluctuations on the Yahoo search results for keywords

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by nickelodon007, Jul 7, 2010.

1. nickelodon007

nickelodon007
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am working on my new website that is a local search engine for educational services in my area. The domain name is the main keyword. Since it is a new site, I wasn’t expecting a lot of promotion, but it took me by surprise when I was listed in the top 10 list. But the very next day, I was relegated to the 5th page. Can anyone explain this? This is on Yahoo. Has anyone experienced it before? I would appreciate it if you could give me some advice on this matter.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Did you make any changes to the site, during the time when the change took place?

Search engines update their indexes rankings on a regular basis, so it is not unusual for your rankings to change. I know that for some of my keywords, my site could be on page one today, on page two in a month and back to page one the following month - even when I haven't made any changes. However, moving from page 1 to page 5 in a short space of time doesn't happen very often.