Website Wireframing – An Important Web Design Process

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by jamespetervk1, Sep 16, 2015.

1. jamespetervk1

jamespetervk1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Wireframing is a crucial step of the web design process that allows you to express the hierarchy of your design elements. It makes it easier for you to plan the layout to get to see how your website will appear in future. The process of website wireframing also determines how the user interacts with the interface. Like the foundation of any building, wireframing has to be profoundly strong for your website to make it interactive enough for users.

Get Inspired

Before you start the process, take a look at different wireframing websites and tutorials. You will be able to get an in-depth understanding of how other web designers are dealing with their wireframing process. Install the bookmarklet Wirify that allows you to see the wireframed version of live websites. If you stay on top of the wireframing trends, simply observe what other web designers are doing for their layouts, you will definitely get to know how to organize the information for your web design.

- See more at: http://dubaimonsters.com/website-wireframing-an-important-web-design-process/#sthash.ELI7FnB9.dpuf

2. OhioTom76

OhioTom76
    uix_expand uix_collapse

True, I used to think that wireframing was an unnecessary and time consuming step in the web design process - but I have since changed my mind on that.

One of the main benefits is that it forces the client to focus on the underlying structure of the layout and how the site content is organized, without getting into the weeds over stuff such as color selections and fonts and other aesthetic details. Even using actual site content text can be distracting, which is why it's good to just use gibberish text such as Lorem Ipsum, or even just some generic scribbles or blocks to simulate content.

You need to agree on some fundamental structure to the site, before you start discussing the design of the site, such as whether you want to go modern or more traditional, colorful versus neutral, etc...