Website Traffic is Important

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by amrapaliasia, Sep 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amrapaliasia

amrapaliasia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Website traffic is more important as compared to Google ranking but if you need organic traffic at website that Google ranking is important factor that boost your online traffic.

2. crater

crater
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes website traffic is more important than pagerank. I have seen sites with PR 0 or PR 1 that have lot more traffic than sites with higher PR

3. AnushaJain

AnushaJain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Traffic is very important for online earning, if visitors will not come, then how will your page be known to them

4. tekedunom

tekedunom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

traffic is very important for online income by the ppc

5. Constantin

Constantin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The pagerank should measure the importance of a webpage, and it should influence the position of your website in search results.

However, it is not a general rule and I will show you a Google Analytics screenshot which shows the statistics for Profit-List.com (one of my websites) for last week. The site's PR is still 0, since I've started developing it about 4 months ago.

Some pages that have no PR (meaning not even 0), still appear on a better position in search, before websites with PR3-4.

Please note that close to 60% of the visits are in the google / organic category.

[​IMG]

6. brain dhari

brain dhari
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Website Traffic is more important in terms of Keywords Ranking. Through organic search only we can boost website ranking.
    PageRank is also playing important role in keywords ranking. Once we got the PageRank then the keywords comes in ranking very quickly.
    Always try to submit anything to higher page rank website.

7. Priyanka Sharma

Priyanka Sharma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

if your website have lots of visit and good traffic and regularly crawled by google then your page rank automatically increase

8. VishalBhatt123

VishalBhatt123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If your google SERP and page rank is high than obviously your traffic is also high. If you have your keyword SERP rank in fist page of Google than you get maximum traffic from organic search result. So, ranking is more important first than your site has popularity than almost you get traffic to your site.

9. Jason Parms

Jason Parms
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don’t think Google ranking for the website is not important because it is the source to get organic traffic. Either traffic is organic, referral or paid it is important for the website especially ecommerce and business website to increase conversion on it.

Yes, this is happening because from long time any PR update not come form Google and that's the reason behind your PR of the website otherwise if you are getting this much organic traffic from search engine then your PR should be higher, what do you think??

10. anandshah

anandshah
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, You are right that website traffic is very important for page rank, if there is no traffic there is no page rank of website.

11. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

It's not as simple as getting a lot of traffic to your website, and just because your website is crawled by Google, that doesn't mean your page rank will increase. As Constantin pointed out, his site has a Page rank (note the capitalized P) of 0, and still gets a lot of traffic, mostly from Google's organic listings. I do find it interesting, however, that he points out at the beginning that Page rank "should" influence your website's position in the SERPs, but even with a Page rank of zero, he gets the majority of his traffic from Google's organic rankings. In fact, although Page rank may still be one factor in a website's SERP position, it is not as crucial as it once may have been, so much so that it can be ignored, and the effect, if any, on your website's SERP position will be minimal.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Halwits

Halwits
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Website traffic is important because through this you can tell that how much your website is popular on search engine.

13. stimulus

stimulus
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Website traffic is important because its shows your websites popularity & you can get business from it & it’s also imp for making your service/product a brand….

14. benjamin

benjamin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi, Getting top in the search engines will get you more traffic to your site.

15. Constantin

Constantin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I used the word "should" as a lot of people were telling me the same things: "You have to increase your rankings in order to be competitive and get more traffic from Google", but is seems like if you choose the right keywords to optimize your page and you have back links from relevant websites, you'll still get a good position in SERP.

For example, the page that brings the most traffic to my website (there are several others, but this does the best job) is an article about Big Idea Mastermind. I get about 200 visits daily on that page. If you search on Google for pretty much anything related to BIM, my page will usually be on the first position or in top 5. There are 10,000 to 15,000 monthly searches for this. The back links I built for this page are coming from WarriorForum and Ethan Vanderbuilt's blog, from threads and an article that have the same subject. The article's link was also shared / added on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest, Digg, StumbleUpon, Delicious and Reddit.

I didn't get this :).

• Like Like x 1
  16. Constantin

Constantin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, this is what I expected, the PR to go up, but it didn't happen, yet. However, I'm not really interested in the PR, as long as the organic traffic increases every week. This means that I must be doing something right :). As I said in other posts, I wouldn't consider myself an SEO expert. I use common sense in most of the cases and I just share my experience and results here.

17. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Actually, I learned something myself after reading your post. The term "page rank" is used, even by Google itself in the Webmaster guidelines, to denote a web page's position in the SERPs. The ranking algorithm that assigns a number from 0-10 to a webpage was created by Larry Page, and is more properly referred to as "PageRank", with both words combined into one, and both capitalized. I knew about the fact that it was named after Larry Page, so I always capitalize it, but did not know that the correct way to spell it is "PageRank", and is actually a trademark owned by Google.
    Interestingly, Wikipedia states that "PageRank is an algorithm used by the Google web search engine to rank websites in their search engine results." A bit later, they do admit "It is not the only algorithm used by Google to order search engine results". They did, however, get this part right - "PageRank was named after Larry Page, one of the founders of Google. PageRank is a way of measuring the importance of website pages".

18. Brainpulse

Brainpulse
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, website traffic is very important because its shows your websites popularity, branding, visitor & you can get business from it and you convert your services into sales & revenue.

19. baba07

baba07
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes it is . Because without traffic you can not improved your own business. So, it is very important.

20. webcreations

webcreations
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Traffic is one of the most important elements in the success of your website. It does not matter if you have the best website on the Internet if no one ever sees it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.