Website to acquire other fully-built websites?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by beartheweak, Jul 19, 2013.

1. beartheweak

beartheweak
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I didn't post this in the web dev forum because this isn't a technical question.

Anyone know of a place where people go to bid on and acquire web-specific companies? I'm not talking about domain names, I'm talking specifically about websites that have been built, already have traffic, and already generate revenue out of the box.

Being a web developer, I'd like to look into purchasing the rights to web-specific companies that I think I can build onto and make better (sort of how people buy fixer-up cars or homes in order to enhance and sell for profit).

If something like this isn't already out there, I'm smelling another business opportunity. :)

2. beartheweak

beartheweak
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Found some. Googling "online businesses for sale" gave some links.

3. saahil

saahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

may be Flippa could be the best bet for you

4. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What you are referring to is Website Flipping. Don't know if there is a special website for it but people have been doing it on individual basis for quite a long time.

• Like Like x 1
  5. singhabhishek251

singhabhishek251
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Flippa, eBay, website brokers, Latonas and there are many platform having websites for sale. I think you can buy from there, but it would be little costly to buy a website already having a good traffic. If you have time for this, then you can build you own and hire someone to do SEO for you to get traffic.

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Flippa is a hugely popular marketplace for buying and selling websites. I've bought and sold sites there in the past and have been very happy with the service. Flippa don't have strict control on the sites that are sold there, so you still need to do your own due diligence to check that the seller is actually offering what they say they are offering. As with any other marketplace there are unfortunately some scammers there, so you do need to be careful.

• Like Like x 1
  7. alicemenezes

alicemenezes
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are quite a few platforms that show you the platforms that are on sale. But if the site is already getting 'good' traffic. I don't see why they'd want to sell.