Website templates, which is best?

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by harriett123, Nov 2, 2012.

1. harriett123

harriett123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Everyone,

I have been thinking about setting up a new website as a hobby. Im not sure which template to use to create a standard site. Any advice on which to use?

Thanks

2. MarketingRoom

MarketingRoom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Wordpress simple to setup, highly versatile, 15 mins is all it takes to create a website from scratch....

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

harriett123 what software or platform will you be using to set up your site, e.g. a blog, CMS, WordPress or something else?

4. J Greig

J Greig
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

For WordPress, Joomla and normal static HTML/CSS templates/themes, I'd go and browse on ThemeForest: http://themeforest.net

They have an excellent array of products available and quality of the designs are excellent.

5. harriett123

harriett123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Think im going to use WordPress as it seems the simplest!

@ J Greig - I had a look on the website they have some good themes on there! Its given me a few ideas for my site

Thanks

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

7. blittler

blittler
    uix_expand uix_collapse

weebly is also great. I find it a bit easier to get going with compared to Wordpress (especially if you want a custom domain name), and is geared more toward websites rather than blogs. Wordpress is really powerful, and great for bloggers, but can be overkill depending on what you want to do.

8. Brijesh Patel

Brijesh Patel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Take WordPress templates for your website because wordpress provides multiple free web templates and theme and it's easy to to maintain and adding your content.

9. madelinekim

madelinekim
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, you can use Wordpress as a best CMS template. Wordpress is one of the best open source CMS which you can use to design various kinds of design web templates like hobby, gaming, professional etc. You can make your design templates more attractive and catchy by using various kinds of plugins and themes.

10. natyk

natyk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It depends on what kind of profile of page you want to have. I can recommend you Artisteer - this tool let you learn the most popular cms and you can check which is the best for you. Testing is free. More information you can find on bktemplates.com. I agree with another users - WordPress is very easy to use and learn system but always you can know different. Good luck!

11. scottbaird

scottbaird
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I also prefer you to use wordpress template because it is very easy to use and it also take less time as compared to others, almost free of cost and main benefit is it is predefined template.

12. Boby Smith

Boby Smith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can use WordPress as a CMS best models. WordPress is one of the best Open Source CMS that you can use to develop many types of models of web design as a hobby, games, activities, etc. You can make your design more attractive and eye-catching designs using a variety of plug-ins and themes.

13. nancy406

nancy406
    uix_expand uix_collapse

From my point of view, WordPress is the best template for online store. It's easily crawling to Google and easily maintain WP admin panel.

14. saahil

saahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Its not template - rather its a CMS - which is wordpress, Joomla
    If you looking for simple one - may be you should explore Tumblr or Google Blogspot

15. henna

henna
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I prefer wordpress is one of best open source content management. there are numerous wordpress templates available on the web. Which has been easily set up your site without coding skills.

16. KilimonDgaru

KilimonDgaru
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Wordpress is the current standard for building extensible websites. The wealth of themes, plugins and mods available for the platform is absolutely staggering.
    Its because of the mass availability of extensions of high quality and an active paid development community that I choose Wordpress. It makes developing client websites really simple.

17. lets-build

lets-build
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Whatever cms you use i.e. wordpress, when looking for a good template for it, these days you probably want it to be responsive so it will automatically resize to fit all devices. Alot of the themes on themeforest are really good because they have functionality to allow you to change site colours from the adminstration area.

18. aframalik

aframalik
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are beginner and have no idea how to design then go with wordpress CMS + free theme or paid if you want to.

19. singhabhishek251

singhabhishek251
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would recommend to use WordPress as this is the best and easiest CMS platform for any beginner with a lot of community support. I do not think that you should look anywhere else apart from this and you can play with this to learn more and have a really good website in less time with many features.

20. Crook-sam

Crook-sam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I know that many web hosts offer unique templates within their hosting for FREE. so, take your time to explore web hosts in the market.