website price

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by safex, Mar 18, 2010.

1. safex

safex
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello, I have the hosting account already, now I researching what website design would suit me best. Does anyone have any advice for me, I was thinking to create a design for my own website my self, but I think it wont look eye catching website, does anyone think I sould buy a website design or just to try make one by my self? I wish to have a nice 4 - 6 page eye catching website in order to represent my business online and to find customers over the time. I think the website is one of the most important factors in the business in these days. I would be more than happy to hear people opinions. THANK YOU FOR READING MY TOPIC.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

What kind of site will you be creating safex and what software or CMS will you use to create the site?

You could start your site by using WordPress and get a really great free design for it, from some of the WP theme links listed in our Useful Online Business Resources thread. WordPress can be installed through Fantastico on cPanel hosting.

3. safex

safex
    uix_expand uix_collapse

4. houstonVijai

houstonVijai
    uix_expand uix_collapse

safex,

That website sample has lot of functionality and info. I don't think a new user can create a whole site with functionality. If you are looking for only static pages to start, you can do it. If you selected WP, it is good and you can get free templates for WP out and don't need to waste your time in designing it.

Let me know if you need help with it.

5. safex

safex
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you, Yes I know that website is very detailed and requires lots of time to make it.. Its only an example, I will try to make a simple one and later improve it. Thank you for your reply, really helped. I let you know further details. Thanks.

6. Tecknowoman

Tecknowoman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Wordpress is my preferred choice these days and of late I've been using thesis theme because of the flexibility. It also has fantastic ease of use.

There are places like woothemes and studiopress that offer skins that may suit you. Have a look around.

I have done quite a few sites that are professional looking enough even though they only have a self-designed header and no web designer skin.

If you need any help of run into any WP questions feel free to PM me

7. Shahrier

Shahrier
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For the price, I'd say don't go higher than 3 $ a month. Upgrade later only if you need to.

8. safex

safex
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I started with wordpress yesterday,thank you everybody for support.

9. Alexishost

Alexishost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

good luck with it.

Post your site, perhaps you need us to review your site.