Website or actual job

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by ace, Aug 11, 2011.

1. ace

ace
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do you think you can earn enough money to live via creating a website online or do you think you need an actual job?

I think you can earn enough to live via creating a website but you need to maintain the activeness forever and it is quite hard as earnings can change.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

You can obviously create a website that's successful enough to make a living from, but it needs to be a site with a good business model and that offers something that is valued by your target market. That's why businesses such as FaceBook and Google are successful, they offer something that their users want.

3. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Although in Facebook's case, most did not know they wanted it until it existed.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Very true, and I have often thought about that in relation to Twitter. Had they have researched the idea before they launched the site, I would expect that the majority of people would say that they would not use a site like that.

5. td2011

td2011
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, very true. Something like facebook was my worse nightmare and I joined only recently, it does have it's uses. I'd never imagined something like this to have any success, twitter also. If you're thinking on the scale of FB or twitter you have to look at how society is progressing and in what direction it is heading and create something quite unique. Technology is moving so fast these days, I bet the kid who sold his kidney for the latest i pad has a few regrets.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gary Barzel

Gary Barzel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's precisely it, the point is to build up your site so that it takes the place of an actual job. As with any job you can't just sit back and do nothing and expect business to roll in, so too if you're going to have a site it has to be a full time occupation, where you put work into it. You will have to constantly update it, and if you are selling a product then you will have to keep up with the growing demand as well as the process of evolving into the future with your products.

7. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To balance the risk, you can always run a website part time. When your site grow to a level can cover your month income, then you can forget about actual job.

8. td2011

td2011
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Valid point from Patrick0001, also, sometimes with business you just need to go for it, if you have no other option then you have to make it work.

9. mehamgul101

mehamgul101
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i think actual job is necessary for the life especially in Govt institutions

10. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's really good to have an actual job that can give you fixed income monthly.
    But with my current condition, I don't think I can be able to handle an actual job. Working online works well for me.

11. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When I was 22 years old, I take a risk to stop my full time work. I joint Multi-level marketing (MLM) actively. After 2 months, I dont know who to appointment with, where to find new client, no even have pocket money to move forward, I getting lazy and finally I loss the spirit to continue MLM. During that time, my full time with MLM become fool time.

Balance risk and well planning is very important. Personally I felt that, if a person cant even manage freelance work, how can he/she manage a bigger project? By working with others, we still get some guide line from boss or superior. Working own business, no one can help, all must be self dependent.

12. Clint Cora

Clint Cora
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Of course it's possible for a full time successful online business but don't be fooled by what the scammers tell you - it's not overnight. It takes a lot of work and time much like offline businesses do.

13. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Online job can be the actually job. The only different is that one is work online and one is work offline.
    You gotta make your own decision for your own career, all the job have the risk, you might get fired anytime work as employee too.

14. ace

ace
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Earn from a website can be risky at times as you may not earn enough every month and the income can fall and may not be steady unless you are get as successful as facebook and google but you need time and its not easy. Time is actually a big thing for you to earn enough to live from a website.

15. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've only been making money through the internet for the last three or four years so I know you can make money just by using the internet. You definitely don't need a real life job to make money.