website is down in search

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by asad, Mar 29, 2012.

1. asad

asad
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi gurus,

I have created site in January this year. With proper seo techniques. Integrated my blog with bloggers. neither i am using any spam software for directory submission or any thing else. Daily visitors increased from last week and reaches near about 128-130 per day, previously these were near about 50-60. But my main store page goes down in searches. Have any one experience of such.

Regards

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

asad our members will be able to help you more if you can share the URL of your site. However, we do understand if you'd prefer to keep it confidential.

• Like Like x 1
  3. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi asad! Actually most of the websites are down this week because of some algorithm changes Google is doing. They already announced that they'll be having a monthly series of algorithm changes. So you can expect that most of the websites will be going up and down the SERPs.

4. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Setup in January, so I would consider it is a new site. Usually Google will reduce new site ability to rank well and not stable. If you are sure everything doing correctly, please dont be panic the ranking will back.

Another thing, when the algorithm change, the SERP ranking will be floating. End up, only the most relevant site will be rank into top search, I would consider this a great chance for those quality site to get rank.

Thing you can do: keep continue release fresh content + quality link building; make sure you are run those SEO activity for reader rather than search engine bot,

5. asad

asad
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks you all to come for help.

No. It is not confidential... I just not posted link only because members are not allowed to post links in the posts. Any how thanks for allowing me to do so for my problem.

Here is that http://www.couponscliff.com

the main stores page is down in search for all stores. Most of them are coming on first page or on second.

let me give an example here is real palm trees store link

http://www.couponscliff.com/get/realpalmtrees.com

it was coming on first page on keywords real palm trees coupon code or real palm trees coupon. Hopefully you people got.

Can you people analyze my this main store page (for all stores) and let me know what is wrong on that page.

One thing that taken yesterday and never took place before that on my account i got near about 55 clicks suddenly, not sure who has clicked so.. any bot or etc........

6. hermeslast

hermeslast
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i met same things with you. confused...............

7. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi again! Your website is currently ranking number 7 (that's first page) of Google.com at this moment. What is it's ranking before? So far I don't see much problem.. And for the last question, bots can't click your link, they can only crawl it. What tool are you using to monitor your clicks?

8. asad

asad
    uix_expand uix_collapse

on ranking 7 this url is coming http://www.couponscliff.com/blog/home-decorating-ideas-with-plants-and-palm-trees

while previous url was http://www.couponscliff.com/get/realpalmtrees.com and was on ranking # 2 or 3 on google.com

I am not using any tool for clicks but i got clicks on my affiliate account

9. swarnet1

swarnet1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hi asad, can you share the way of your seo techniques ?

10. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First, what keywords are you using on those two pages? Can you share separately the keywords that you are targeting for the page? If it is not due to the change/update on Google's algo which recently happened, and you - saying that you are not using any software for it and just keeping it slowly and surely, let's see if the problem might be on your keywords.

Mind if you could share us?

11. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I was asking if you monitor your clickthroughs with any tools like Google Analytics.

Alex has a point here. You might be boosting another keyword that might be lowering your rankings for that page. Actually I noticed some drops in my major keywords when I use another version of keywords from my minor keywords list. For example, I use the keyword "UST Operator Training" this day, and the ranks for that page is in number 6 but when I use the keyword "Underground Storage Tank Training" the rank for that page goes up to 4. But when I use keyword "UST Operator Training" again. It falls back to 6.

12. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Also, it is not just about what keywords you are targeting for your blog. Though meta keywords are not that important in some SEO's these days, it still matters.

13. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Your blog post with the links to the Real Palm Trees code page is coming up #8 for me. That is understandable since many of the web pages competing for that phrase are very short and have no content.

On the other hand, your main page and to page for the coupon code itself have LOTS of competition that is very similar to yours. It is going to be tough to grab a permanent position for your coupon page from a competitor who has been around longer when you both have nothing more than a list of coupon codes.

14. asad

asad
    uix_expand uix_collapse

15. asad

asad
    uix_expand uix_collapse