website help

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by zaksee, Dec 29, 2010.

?

Is this right ?

Poll closed Jan 1, 2011.
  1. yes

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. maybe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. helpful

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. zaksee

zaksee
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I started this website to rescue exotic birds but I don,t know how to make it work so search engine can find me and how long it take .
    I can not find the <head> is there new thing in my website that I don,t see or is it different kind , Am I using html . and by the way I just learned those from Google and in no way I know anything about them , any one can help please .
    Zaksee bird rescue and sanctuary . If I use zaksee it comes up in Google but no where else and if I put Tampa or Florida it will not comes up , whats the easy way to work on this or should just relax and don,t get headache for it lol
    Thank All

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I have responded to this in your other post, but to review, SEO, or search engine marketiing, is an involved process that should only be undertaken by someone who knows what they are doing, what they want to accomplish, and how best to accomplish it. No one knows exactly how long it will take for a specific website, although generally you will see substantial results in about 6 months, and in some cases some websites can start to see page one rankings in 3 months.

The "<head>" tag is in the first line of the HTML of your website. You can view the HTML by clicking on the "View" tab on your browser, then click on "Page Source"(or similar term) in the drop-down menu. If you cannot understand what you are looking at, someone here can help you.

Unfortunately, there is no easy way, and you should definitely NOT "relax and don't get a headache for it". With your apparent lack of experience and/or knowledge, your best option is probably to have someone do it for you. Be careful, however, and make sure that the person or firm you hire knows what they are doing, is willing to explain what they are doing and why, and keeps you informed about your site's progress. Don't hire someone just because they make empty promises and charge a low price.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to our forum zaksee and thanks for posting your questions. I've an interest in exotic birds myself and would love to see your site, it would also help us to give you more helpful suggestions and answers to your questions. Would you mind posting a link to it?

4. John Million

John Million
    uix_expand uix_collapse

zaksee, I'm guessing you don't have much of a budget, since most animal sanctuaries aren't too profitable. This is NOT a replacement for SEO, I do have a few good short-term solutions. First, get yourself in the Google Local Business listings (that map that comes up if you search "pizza" or something, and Google can tell your location). Add keywords like "bird rescue" and "bird sanctuary" and then when people near you search for that, you'll be right near the top of the page in the local listings. Second, if you're an accredited sanctuary, I'm sure there are larger sites that have already done SEO that wouldn't mind listing you on their site... most people that want to rescue animals want to help others do that as well.

5. andykeating

andykeating
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hi.. you can write articles related to your niche like "popular bird sanctuaries" or "everything you need to know about bird feeding/houses"etc there are lot of people who just love animals/birds..they'll enjoy these articles..you can post link back to your site in these articles.. or start your own blog